• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia

chalky

International Debutant
Macgill looks so loose when you compare him to Warne at least 1 full toss or half tracker per over. Shows just how good Warne was I guess.

Last edited:

sideshowtim

Banned
Man I love watching Atapattu bat. Enjoying the contest between him and Clark even if the rest of the match is one-sided. :p
You honestly enjoying watching him bat this morning?

He did well last night before Stumps, sure, but he's not been the spectators best friend in this session. Very watchful, very cautious...Hasn't done anything at all.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
You honestly enjoying watching him bat this morning?

He did well last night before Stumps, sure, but he's not been the spectators best friend in this session. Very watchful, very cautious...Hasn't done anything at all.
Yeah, I loved it, actually. Technically so perfect, and had a great battle with Clark. I enjoy a good defensive stroke much more than a loose shot that happens to squirt away for four. When he's played some shots, they've been classy. Great player to watch IMO.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I am far from an Australian cricket fan, but that is dead set one of the worst posts I've read on this board in a long time.

FFS Jason get a grip. Every team gets lucky breaks and bad decisions. Its frustrating when you're the fan of the opposition, and its EVEN MORE frustrating when your team is playing Australia, because often you need everything to go right to beat them. So I understand your frustration.

But you're frankly bitching about it in a ridiculous manner. When Australia get bad decisions often not much is made out of it because they generally win anyway. However when they don't win, and have suffered bad decisions (Ashes 05, India 2001, 7th ODI vs. India this year) they feel just as agrieved as you do.

So whilst its only natural to be upset, stop being a bitch about it. You're really looking like an idiot by accusing Australia of 'intentional cheating' by selecting Rudi all the time as umpire. One of the stupidest things I've ever read.
That post was in response to Bracken...I had previously said I would not be raising the issue again (ie Umpiring) unless any reason to came up until...Bracken made his post and it was a response...So I suggest you get it in perspective before jumping off your tree,ok ....:laugh:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Maybe it was actually a second umpire giving him out from the grassy knoll...

You're a very silly lady. Put the tinfoil hat down and back away from the computer. Trust me on this one: Perspective- learn it, live it, love it.

Eh? That is called self-censorship, not "coding". And I'm sure that the mods here are quite capable of letting me know if and when I cross any lines.

If I do get warned, though, I'll be sure to froth at the mouth with ridiculous claims about how you managed to get mods appointed that favour you at my expense, and who make poor decisions based on some ill-defined bias. That'll show 'em.

By the way- can I assume that your "promise" is a thing of the past? Predictability is fun.
This garbage is not worthy of response.......you have forgotten to take your anti psychotics...it would seem...:laugh: :laugh:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
It needed just 2 Sri Lankan batsmen to get set and stay put through one session -but no one seems to have the right shot selection or the right frame of mind to stay with Atapttu.

Will the Aussies enforce the follow on....I would expect them to, given the weather might restrict a session or two...

They may want to re-consider, given they will face Murali on the last innings if indeed the SriLankans manage to overhaul 551 after 2 innings...despite this I am certain they will enforce the follow on..

sideshowtim

Banned
I thought I was the most biased and one eyed member on this board.

Jason is quickly usurping this position. I don't know whether to feel happy or sad.

Bracken

U19 Debutant
This garbage is not worthy of response.......you have forgotten to take your anti psychotics...it would seem...:laugh: :laugh:
ZING!

Anti-psychotics... hee hee ho ho. It would seem that you believe yourself to be a real wit. Hey- at least you're half right.

Bah- I'm tired of this, as I'm sure everyone else is.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Was good seing Silva batting, especially as he showed such positive intent. Real shame he couldn't go on with it though because Atapattu was starting to look a bit more comfortable at the other end when they were batting together.

chalky

International Debutant
On the Umpiring in Australia my observation tends to be if your team is on top bad umpiring tends to get the attitude of "it's part of the game", 'it evens itself out" etc may be because it doesn't seem to crucial. However if your team is behind a bad decision tends elicit he reaction of "lucky opposition", "biased umpiring" etc. Australia are always so much on top at home that any bad decision's an opposition get tend to be exacerbated.

Saying that though I remember Michael Holding, when commentating for channel 9, keeping a running total of poor decisions during a West Indies tour and the final result was something ridiculous in favour of Australia. Coincidently Holding didn't commentate for channel 9 during the next tour.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
You create more chances you increase the chances of getting poor decision going your way. You create no chances, you limit your chances for getting poor decisions your way.

Umpires are just useless where ever they umpire. Its just that when Australia play they create more chances so they get more poor decision there way. But the percentage is the same for all countries really.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha, which is why Prince loves watching him bat.
To be fair though, you can like both. I think Prince pidgeon-holes himself a bit too much with what he likes to watch, but I've really enjoyed watching Atapattu bat today, but I would just have easily enjoyed a loose but exciting Gibbs or Sehwag quickfire 60-70.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Saying that though I remember Michael Holding, when commentating for channel 9, keeping a running total of poor decisions during a West Indies tour and the final result was something ridiculous in favour of Australia. Coincidently Holding didn't commentate for channel 9 during the next tour.
Lol, because WI haven't toured since? This was during the 2005/06 tour right? Why would Holding come back again when the WI haven't? :p