• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I would like you to say that when Hayden is dismissed for a duck by an umpiring decision - which fortunately for you as an Aussie will never come to pass, while for many other countries it is a not too uncommon occurrence ....and as a Sri Lankan I and most SL fans endure it not too infrequently... so stop being silly bringing out some rubbish about enjoyment of the game etc...I am sure your enjoyment of the game is frequently enhanced by the confidance of knowing you have Rudi and others to bank on...:ph34r:

PS - I am sure the mods have not seen the last word in your quote I have reproduced...I would be wary of using 4 letter words in any coded manner as mods here take it quite seriously.
I am far from an Australian cricket fan, but that is dead set one of the worst posts I've read on this board in a long time.

FFS Jason get a grip. Every team gets lucky breaks and bad decisions. Its frustrating when you're the fan of the opposition, and its EVEN MORE frustrating when your team is playing Australia, because often you need everything to go right to beat them. So I understand your frustration.

But you're frankly bitching about it in a ridiculous manner. When Australia get bad decisions often not much is made out of it because they generally win anyway. However when they don't win, and have suffered bad decisions (Ashes 05, India 2001, 7th ODI vs. India this year) they feel just as agrieved as you do.

So whilst its only natural to be upset, stop being a bitch about it. You're really looking like an idiot by accusing Australia of 'intentional cheating' by selecting Rudi all the time as umpire. One of the stupidest things I've ever read.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
It was always gonna be this way.

You look at Sri Lanka on paper and figure maybe, but everything has to go right. It's ridiculous how difficult it is to get each and every one of the Australian batsmen out. You get Ponting out, you have to get Hussey out, you get Hussey out, you have to get Symonds out... and after Gilchrist, it's the tail.
The problem is that, yet again, a touring side has 'played it safe' and not picked a guy who can legitimately worry the Australians.

The Poms made a similar mistake last year - Giles was never going to worry anyone and at least Panesar looked lively.

Playing Maharoof ahead of Malinga was a terrible mistake and sealed their fate before the series even started. Malinga would at the very least really worry the Australians - Maharoof wouldn't worry my grandmother.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Fernando ahead of Malinga. Maharoof has bowled disciplined, and you need a steady bowler. Plus he can bat, Fernando can't do much except have a cool goatee.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Man I love watching Atapattu bat. Enjoying the contest between him and Clark even if the rest of the match is one-sided. :p

Bracken

U19 Debutant
I would like you to say that when Hayden is dismissed for a duck by an umpiring decision - which fortunately for you as an Aussie will never come to pass, while for many other countries it is a not too uncommon occurrence ....and as a Sri Lankan I and most SL fans endure it not too infrequently... so stop being silly bringing out some rubbish about enjoyment of the game etc...I am sure your enjoyment of the game is frequently enhanced by the confidance of knowing you have Rudi and others to bank on...:ph34r:
Maybe it was actually a second umpire giving him out from the grassy knoll...

You're a very silly lady. Put the tinfoil hat down and back away from the computer. Trust me on this one: Perspective- learn it, live it, love it.

PS - I am sure the mods have not seen the last word in your quote I have reproduced...I would be wary of using 4 letter words in any coded manner as mods here take it quite seriously.
Eh? That is called self-censorship, not "coding". And I'm sure that the mods here are quite capable of letting me know if and when I cross any lines.

If I do get warned, though, I'll be sure to froth at the mouth with ridiculous claims about how you managed to get mods appointed that favour you at my expense, and who make poor decisions based on some ill-defined bias. That'll show 'em.

By the way- can I assume that your "promise" is a thing of the past? Predictability is fun.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Silva's come out in an aggressive manner. He really looks like a good player.

Don't think Johnson has necessarily bowled too well. Bowled a jaffer to get his maiden test wicket, but other than that he's been far too wide and too short.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Silva dropped twice off MacGill. Now that's how you make a bowler happy.

Edit: lol at Slats and Tony discussing music, and especially Slats talking up Bon Jovi.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Btw, Bill Lawry saying that he was scared whilst watching Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory back in the day was one of the funniest things I've ever heard. :lol:

chalky

International Debutant
Soft wicket really with Clarke placed specifically for that shot.

You felt Silva was on borrowed time for a while though.

sideshowtim

Banned
Good trap by Ponting, Silva fell right into it.

MacGill has actually bowled pretty well this morning for mine. Bowled well without luck.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Silva's come out in an aggressive manner. He really looks like a good player.

Don't think Johnson has necessarily bowled too well. Bowled a jaffer to get his maiden test wicket, but other than that he's been far too wide and too short.
Agreed re: Johnson, he's bowled some great deliveries, but generally has been too short & wide. That said, he can only learn, he'll take more before this innings is over imo.