• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia

pasag

RTDAS
Aussies will be fine with this start - in a couple hours when the swing has gone, there'll be some fireworks. SL need to get a couple wickets (ideally an opener + Ponting) in the first fifteen-twenty overs.
Yeah, good stuff from Jaques playing cautiously and assesing the conditions. The openers coming out firing would have played right into Sri Lanka's hands and going to lunch with no wicket lost is a rather good state of affairs.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
So first time I'm watching this fella (Jaques). Looks like an opener (unlike his partner)...does he keep it tight and put the ball on the ground?
No, not at all. He's loose outside off stump and plays the ball square in the air. Scores a few though, sadly enough.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Sri Lankan selectors are absolutely stupid as hell . They pick the guy with a strike rate of 95 and 1.5 wickets per Test over a guy with strike rate of 47 and nearly 3.5 wickets a Test....

The only thing going is that they won the Toss - If Australia had won the toss , it would be 5/20 now .....:laugh:

Anyway they are desperate to shoot themselves in the foot...:laugh:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Sri Lankan selectors are absolutely stupid as hell . They pick the guy with a strike rate of 95 and 1.5 wickets per Test over a guy with strike rate of 47 and nearly 3.5 wickets a Test....

The only thing going is that they won the Toss - If Australia had won the toss , it would be 5/20 now .....:laugh:

Anyway they are desperate to shoot themselves in the foot...:laugh:
TBF it didn't look like conditions would suit Malinga coming into the match, and Maharoof has bowled well lately.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I really don't mind the selection of Maharoof so much - I said before the tour had even started that he'd probably have (comparative) success on Australian wickets because he bowls a more "Australian" length that suits the more bouncier wickets - the same reason Collymore seemed to bowl so well when the West Indies came out and the same reason James Anderson got absolutely hammered. But he certainly shouldn't have been picked ahead of Malinga, who should have been the second bowler picked as far as I'm concerned. If anything, he should have played ahead of Fernando and bowled first change.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
"Maharoof is close to being one of the best all-round cricketers in the world."

Missed you Heals.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I really don't mind the selection of Maharoof so much - I said before the tour had even started that he'd probably have (comparative) success on Australian wickets because he bowls a more "Australian" length that suits the more bouncier wickets - the same reason Collymore seemed to bowl so well when the West Indies came out and the same reason James Anderson got absolutely hammered. But he certainly shouldn't have been picked ahead of Malinga, who should have been the second bowler picked as far as I'm concerned. If anything, he should have played ahead of Fernando and bowled first change.
Fernando's bowling well too though, good to see some seamers deserving places in the team.

Maharoof best all-rounder in the world? :laugh: