• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ohhhhhhhhhhh, lucky for Hayden there, great shot by Jaques though, and probably unlucky not to get some runs for it.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Aussies will be fine with this start - in a couple hours when the swing has gone, there'll be some fireworks. SL need to get a couple wickets (ideally an opener + Ponting) in the first fifteen-twenty overs.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
So much for waiting a couple hours. :p I forgot I was talking about the Aussies and not a normal team. Crazy bastards, the lot of them.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
So first time I'm watching this fella (Jaques). Looks like an opener (unlike his partner)...does he keep it tight and put the ball on the ground?

iamdavid

International Debutant
Maharoof looks alright to me, he just seems to bowl the half volley a bit more than you'd like, probably his concentration letting him down from time to time, but he's nippy and hits the seam and bowls a good line.
Dont think he's nearly as rubbish as people say.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Three or four years ago I saw a grade game where Jaques made a ton and it was technically one of the best innings I'd seen live. It was poetry - like something from the coaching manual.

About 2 years ago I saw him again and he was no where near as classical as he had previously looked, but he now just smashed the bowling. Last year he scored 300 in a day in a 1st grade game. He is circumspect atm, and no doubt nervous, but if he gets in and going......