• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Not according to Jayawardene at the toss and Sangakkarra in the box. Definite tactical decision.
Ugh. Bad move. I know they want swing but he is a unique weapon. SL are not going to win this on their batting. They need to pull out all trump cards and take a chance on the guys who may fail but may end up taking 20 wickets.

White Lightning

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Oh dear, only recently moved to brisbane! Totally was not expecting the tv coverage to start at 2.30 pm. Lucky I have my tickets for tomorrow.
don't know if you've just moved from elsewhere in australia or not, but the host city only gets coverage of the last session, unless it is sold out.

best thing is to get a high powered antenna, and connect to the country tv signal and you'll be laughing.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Second, leaving out Malinga? They've gone and picked three seam-up steady pacers and left out their strike weapon? History has shown over and over that this is the best way to lose to the Aussies, especially at home. The Aussies seem to much prefer facing Fernando to Malinga. I'm actually quite shocked at such a conservative selection, very defensive move and smacks of worrying more about restricting scoring than taking wickets.
Agree, I couldnt believe it, I'm sure the Aussies would have been doing alot of talking about tactics against Malinga and picking the ball up early on, he would have been worrying them just about as much as Murali imo, I'm sure they were as suprised as anybody.
Dont really agree with the reasoning for leaving him out either, it's not asthough Malinga dosent swing the ball infact he's noted for it :blink:

sideshowtim

Banned
Haha...Win $2,000 and $1,000 of KFC. Great. You can put the $2,000 towards your heart surgery after cashing in your 1k of KFC.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Leaving Malinga out was a stupid decision when they did it for the first Test in England, and its a stupid decision now.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha, shocker, lol'd @ SL leaving Malinga out. I don't care how conjucive to swing the conditions are, you don't leave out your strike weapon for someone who averages 50 with the red ball....