• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Mahela elects to bowl! Jaques to bat in thirty minutes! Malinga not selected! GAAAAHHHHHHHH

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Another visiting captain wins the toss in Brisbane and bowls.

We'll have to wait and see of course, but it somewhat brings back memories of Nasser in 2002-03.

White Lightning

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
leaving out Malinga is an interesting decision...

I would've thought the overcast conditions up there would've helped his inswing bowling...

Also an interesting decision to bowl given that teams who have done that over the years have not reaped too many benefits despite the conditions.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hahaha, wtf? Why the hell would you leave out Malinga?

'Yeah, the pitch is looking good for seamers, why don't we leave Murali out too'

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty excited about today ITBT. Murali vs Ponting, Jaques in his first test as a non-fill in, Johnson to bowl sometime in the next day or two as well. Oh, and Lee to prove his critics wrong... again.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
LOL @ Ponting's advertisment.

"Because they are clinically proven."

Ah dear. I'm not against leaving Malinga out tbh. Reckon Maharoof could do a bit of damage.

stephen

Pretty excited about today ITBT. Murali vs Ponting, Jaques in his first test as a non-fill in, Johnson to bowl sometime in the next day or two as well. Oh, and Lee to prove his critics wrong... again.
When has Lee ever proven his critics wrong (in test matches that is)?

andyc

Wow, either Sri Lanka just have a really bad anthem, or this guy can not sing

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
LOL @ Sri Lankan anthem guy. So many funny things amidst the nerves.

Best of luck to Sri Lanka though. Quality cricket ahead.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
When has Lee ever proven his critics wrong (in test matches that is)?
Since the 2005 Ashes he's been pretty consistently good in test matches. He had a bad series in Bangladesh, and a shocker in Brisbane last summer, but other than that his performances have been good (average of 26), and he's had a big hand in winning Australia some key matches, and people are still calling for him to be dropped. If he has another good summer, people will still be calling for him to be dropped at the end of it.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hmmmmmm........ first off, bowling first on the 'Gabba is fraught with danger no matter how appealing the conditions look. The deck flattens out and is perfect for batting after the first session and even with all of the poor weather, this should happen too.

Second, leaving out Malinga? They've gone and picked three seam-up steady pacers and left out their strike weapon? History has shown over and over that this is the best way to lose to the Aussies, especially at home. The Aussies seem to much prefer facing Fernando to Malinga. I'm actually quite shocked at such a conservative selection, very defensive move and smacks of worrying more about restricting scoring than taking wickets.

Clarence

U19 Cricketer
Oh dear, only recently moved to brisbane! Totally was not expecting the tv coverage to start at 2.30 pm. Lucky I have my tickets for tomorrow.