• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cameeel

International Captain
Yeah, I know who, but I don't want to risk getting myself or James into any trouble by posting it here until its come out (not sure what the law is on this sort of thing and not keen to find out the hard way)- sorry.

It's not a Collingwood player however.
Can you e-mail the rumour a la benchmark??

Or at least say if it's a Melbourne player?

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
Tbh, to me that just sounds like The Australian trying to keep the whole Ben Cousins saga going. I mean "a person with knowledge of the situation"?? The article just doesn't strike me as a real story, just The Australian following up on a rumour. What if he's just booking in later to avoid all the press?

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Tbh, to me that just sounds like The Australian trying to keep the whole Ben Cousins saga going. I mean "a person with knowledge of the situation"?? The article just doesn't strike me as a real story, just The Australian following up on a rumour. What if he's just booking in later to avoid all the press?
His dad pretty much confirmed your thoughts.

Craig

World Traveller
What do people think about the Kangaroos not wanting to relocate or to go to the Gold Coast? Care or couldn't care less? Either way it seems if they don't move, the Coast will get a team and making it a 17 team competition which obviously gives us the bye.

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
What do people think about the Kangaroos not wanting to relocate or to go to the Gold Coast? Care or couldn't care less? Either way it seems if they don't move, the Coast will get a team and making it a 17 team competition which obviously gives us the bye.
Haven't really been paying attention to it, but are they seriously wanting to create a Gold Coast side? Why does the the GC get priority ahead of Tassie, or the Northern Territory?

Craig

World Traveller
Haven't really been paying attention to it, but are they seriously wanting to create a Gold Coast side? Why does the the GC get priority ahead of Tassie, or the Northern Territory?
Yeah the AFL have given the Kangaroos 30 days to re-decide if they want to relocate rather playing several home games there over three years. If not the AFL will give the GC a licenise for the 2010 season. So either way an AFL team will be coming here. As for your second question, not 100% certain, but they want a piece of the GC sporting pie and the chance to create a new market brand here and perhaps a rival for Brisbane. I guess they see it is a chance to create a fanbase here, except for those who support the Lions and travel up for the matches.

Knowing our State Government, Premier Anna Bligh will probably end up throwing money to do up Carrara.

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
Wow, they are that serious. Would have thought it would have been a better from a marketing perspective to create a Tasmanian side, because you'd more than likely get the entire state behind it. There wouldn't be any other side to really take the fanbase away from it, like there is in Qld. Eitherway, don't think the AFL really needs another club tbh.

cameeel

International Captain
Wow, they are that serious. Would have thought it would have been a better from a marketing perspective to create a Tasmanian side, because you'd more than likely get the entire state behind it. There wouldn't be any other side to really take the fanbase away from it, like there is in Qld. Eitherway, don't think the AFL really needs another club tbh.
IIRC the reason Tasmania haven't been considered for a team yet is because their population is too small to conceivably support an AFL club.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The Gold Coast is also still growing at an alarming rate, and i'd dare say it won't be all that long before the GC has a population greater than Tasmania.

Bracken

U19 Debutant
His dad pretty much confirmed your thoughts.
It appears that his dad was telling porkies.

Channel Nine Perth just reported that Cousins went on a five-day cocaine bender in LA before overdosing and spending two days in an LA hospital. That's why his dad flew out to meet him, and why he spent the last couple of days in a Sydney rehab clinic.

Needless to say, if there was any chance of him resuming his career elsewhere before this, there definitely isn't now.

Status
Not open for further replies.