• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Neither will another years experience under the belts of Murphy & Gibbs.
All teams have players coming back from injuries/young kids developing. Those guys arent going to improve them more than any other teams young guns.

pasag

RTDAS
Those aren't just 'young guns' though, these are number one draft picks and potential Brownlow winners we're talking about.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
All teams have players coming back from injuries/young kids developing. Those guys arent going to improve them more than any other teams young guns.
Few will have 2nd & 3rd year players as good as Gibbs & Murphy though.

mikeW

Those aren't just 'young guns' though, these are number one draft picks and potential Brownlow winners we're talking about.
Overrating Gibbs a bit i think.

Nonetheless All clubs have potential superstar young talent.

Essendon with Ryder and Gumbleton. Richmond with Deledio and Foley, Hawthorn with Franklin etc.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don't forget the fact that Judd will also pick up the main opposition tag now, so Carrazzo (sp?), Stevens, Murphy, Gibbs will all be allowed a bit more freedom as well.

One player can make that big of a difference, take note of Brisbane with & without Jonathan Brown. With Brown, we're a top 8 side, without him, bottom 4-5.

mikeW

Don't forget the fact that Judd will also pick up the main opposition tag now, so Carrazzo (sp?), Stevens, Murphy, Gibbs will all be allowed a bit more freedom as well.

One player can make that big of a difference, take note of Brisbane with & without Jonathan Brown. With Brown, we're a top 8 side, without him, bottom 4-5.
Huh? Brisbane didn't make top 8 to my knowledge :unsure:

They'll improve no doubt but not enough to make top 8.

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
Apart from Franklin and maybe Deledio, I wouldn't rate those players as potential "superstar" talent. Potentially class players maybe, but not reaching the elite level like Judd or Voss or Hird etc. Alot of clubs have players that could become top class players, but there are very few who have the potential to reach that elite level. Gibbs and Murphy are deffinitely two of those few.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
You seriously think Judd will make THAT much of a difference?
Firstly, Judd is brilliant. Best player in the comp, and if people want to say J Brown is, then fine, Judd is clearly 2nd best then. Either way he's ridiculously good. Will probably go down as THE player of this era.

Secondly, Nick Stevens comes back.

Thirdly, they get rid of fat arse Lance Whitnall.

On top of that:
Murphy will get even better.
Fevola will have Judd hitting him on the chest 45m out from goal.
Judd will get the major tag.
New coach who the players don't hate
New captain

They're looking the goods for top 8, and I have at the very least no doubt top 10.

Last edited:

mikeW

Firstly, Judd is brilliant. Best player in the comp, and if people want to say J Brown is, then fine, Judd is clearly 2nd best then. Either way he's ridiculously good. Will probably go down as THE player of this era.

Secondly, Nick Stevens comes back.

Thirdly, they get rid of fat arse Lance Whitnall.

On top of that:
Murphy will get even better.
Fevola will have Judd hitting him on the chest 45m out from goal.
Judd will get the major tag.
New coach who the players don't hate
New captain

They're looking the goods for top 8, and I have at the very least no doubt top 10.
None of that really convinces me.

They won't finish in the 8 and if i can find some good odds somewhere im gonna put money on it.

Purple_Forg

Cricket Spectator
Probably not, but i was more argueing they wouldn't make the 8.
i think they wont so much win the spoon, but they'll still linger somewhere down there, around about 9 - 13 or so. THey may have got judd, but the rest of their list is still below par.

also, they seem to be able to kick relatively big totals, but always somehow concede more.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
A top-flight star from a Melbourne based club is going to be sacked/deregistered in the next coupla weeks for non-football reasons, I have it from a good source.. Shame :(

cameeel

International Captain
A top-flight star from a Melbourne based club is going to be sacked/deregistered in the next coupla weeks for non-football reasons, I have it from a good source.. Shame :(
Any idea who?, even if you can't post the name here.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, I know who, but I don't want to risk getting myself or James into any trouble by posting it here until its come out (not sure what the law is on this sort of thing and not keen to find out the hard way)- sorry.

It's not a Collingwood player however.

Status
Not open for further replies.