• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
LOL @ that article. Worried to hear that's a newspaper that most english-speaking Sri Lankans read. Yikes.

pup11

International Coach
Pathetic article that and frankly speaking i am suprised how a good national daily can print crap like that.
I still remember a Sri lankan daily went ballastic after the 07 world cup final and they had an article on how both Hayden and Gilchrist and most of the Australian players were on drugs through the world cup and how all of them should undergo a dope tests :blink:, atleast the current article is not as dire!

Nishan

U19 Cricketer
Dont worry about those Articles i read it to have a laugh, most of those writers just plain unimaginative and well shall we say lacking in the basic tool? the language,
wait till i get a job in one of them not that they will give it to me.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Why does the game have to be a Test? If I played enough games alongside Warne and McGrath, caring not a flying &%$£ why, I would outperform them eventually. So would anyone else who knew how to bowl.
IMO, that is an arrogant viewpoint made by someone who has never bowled against a Test-Class or First-Class Batsman. Ludicrous.

pup11

International Coach
Double blows from Murali has rocked Chairman XI side, disappointing to see Ronchi getting out for a duck expected a good knock from him.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Wrong thread mate...

Great to see Plant stick it out to make his ton. Very clever, patient innings.

Laurrz

International Debutant
Muralitharan to Lewis, FOUR, advances then lofts it nicely over the fielder at mid on, nice stroke there Micky!

:D

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Muralitharan to Lewis, FOUR, advances then lofts it nicely over the fielder at mid on, nice stroke there Micky!

:D
Over 115.5: Muralitharan to Lewis, SIX, swings this high over mid-wicket, nice stroke! :cool:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I expect Murali to be rested for next game starting Friday 2nd v Queensland, with possibly Dilhara Fernando.

Sangakkara may play only as a batsman and one feels Sanath J may be rested too.

So likely squad v Queensland -

Atapattu
Vandort
Mahela
Sangakkara
Samaraweera
Chamara Silva
Prasanna J (Keeper)
Vaas
Malinga
Maharoof or Welagedera
Bandara

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Debateable whether it was the wrong thread or not as Hogg is a chance for the first test and this thread is Sri Lanka in Australia.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I am picking Simon Katich and Brad Hogg to make the Final Aussie XII for Gabba over Jacques and Macgill.

But I expect Aussies to still go with Lee, Johnson , Clark and Tait and not pick a spinner in the Final XI.

Last edited:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Reckon Tharanga will play in next tour match ahead of Samaraweera or Sangakkara
It would be waste to play him unless Sangakkara is injured and needs a rest.

Because IMO, the Final XI for the Tests are pretty much secure and unfortunately Tharanga is not likely to be part of it unless there is injury to Sang , God forbid.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
It would be waste to play him unless Sangakkara is injured and needs a rest.

Because IMO, the Final XI for the Tests are pretty much secure and unfortunately Tharanga is not likely to be part of it unless there is injury to Sang , God forbid.
Still deserves a chance to show what he has in Australia. I reckon there also the chance that Jayawardene could get rested. Tharanga atleast deserves a game, just in case we get injuries and his called in the last minute. Would be really stupid not to play him in one tour match, if nothing else just to allow him to experience Australian pitches on this tour. He only got a couple ODI matches last tour as well.