• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia

shehanwije

School Boy/Girl Captain
Absolutely. Hope he is ok.

I wonder who will keep wickets when the Team takes the field....possibly Mubarak or Samaraweera , I suspect.

Prasanna J'wardena has been keeping wkts in tests since last year....so expect him to make the team, irrespective of Sanga's hammy situ.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Prasanna J'wardena has been keeping wkts in tests since last year....so expect him to make the team, irrespective of Sanga's hammy situ.
I was referring to this game...but as Mister Wright already clarified as this is not First Class game, Prasanna will be allowed to come in as substitute for the rest of the game.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I was referring to this game...but as Mister Wright already clarified as this is not First Class game, Prasanna will be allowed to come in as substitute for the rest of the game.
I think he should be allowed, but not sure if he will. We'll soon find out.

pup11

International Coach
Apart from Ferguson and Ronchi i don't there are any batsmen in the Chairman XI batting line-up who can handle Murali.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Mash and Hughes should be ok, their pretty gun. Both have played plenty of overs of MacGill and Warne in the nets. So they should account for themselves with some respectability.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
I pretty much think the selectors have already chosen the twelve for the first test match, despite what the performances this weekend are. Hayden, Jaques, Ponting, Hussey, Clarke, Symonds, Gilchrist, Lee, Clark, MacGill, Johnson & Tait.

I think the only thing that would change these selections is a triple century by a seasoned batsman or a haul of 8 or 9 by a seasoned bowler. Injuries would be the only other thing that would change the side for the first test match.

However, if any of the players under question do not perform against Sri Lanka, I think any player who is scoring big runs or taking big wickets will come into consideration for the test series against India.

Katich is getting damn close.

Don't think it will change anything though.

sideshowtim

Banned
The fact that someone like Mash is doing it easy pretty much shows that this is a nothing pitch. You can't take a whole lot from this game in terms of batting.

pup11

International Coach
Well some credit needs to given to the Chairman XI batsmen, they have batted pretty decently so far.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Where did I say MacGill had never, ever bowled well in a Test? I could out-bowl McGrath and Warne if I had enough chances, so could you or anyone else who knew how to bowl.

All that says is that McGrath and Warne were sub-par that day, because both are capable of bowling better than MacGill is. MacGill, in fact, has rarely bowled especially well. Not never - rarely.
No, in your case it means they really really tanked in that day and took nothing whilst you took 1 for 100 and were a bit better or something... :laugh:

Coming from a Warne and McGrath fan: MacGill has outbowled both and it had nothing to do with them bowling poor.

shehanwije

School Boy/Girl Captain
In a country Murali bashing is a sport:

http://www.sundaytimes.lk/071028/Sports/sp202.html

There is also a concerted campaign by the Aussies to rile Murali by stating that he gets a lot of cheap tailenders wkts. Yesterday, I heared both Ponting and Lee slip this into an interview from left of centre - gave me the impression that they were following an orchestrated script. I guess they feel if they get Murali mad, then he will try harder to get the top order out, losing concentration by trying too hard. These mind games are just tiresome!!!!!

pup11

International Coach
^Mate its not right if you start ridiculing a whole country just because of a few fools who find it funny to taunt Murali.