• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India

sideshowtim

Banned
Ponting has said in his press conference today that Hayden isn't 100% atm and there is a chance that he might miss tomorrow's game, now that would be a huge blow for Australia IMO, Haddin is the man who would replace him in that case but frankly speaking i don't like the idea of Haddin opening the batting.
Haddin is the only man who can replace him. Voges went home.

Clarke will open if Hayden is out.

pup11

International Coach
Clarke should open and that would let Hodgey bat at 4 but i doubt whether that would happen, Aussies might not want to shuffle around with the middle order which has done so well for them so i guess Haddin might open then.

PakPowered

School Boy/Girl Captain
tbh i cant see Indias pace attack really threatening on Aussie wickets... they were deadly in Saffer and England but Australia is much much different...

but Kumble can always turn a game .. with his wicket to wicket bowling and useing the footmarks to our batting lineup which has 4 lefties
Yeah i don't expect anything from Indian pace attack, spin will be the key for India, and India will certainly play atleast 2 spinners in the team.Kumble will have to do the job for India, but he will need support from the other bowlers too.

sideshowtim

Banned
Clarke should open and that would let Hodgey bat at 4 but i doubt whether that would happen, Aussies might not want to shuffle around with the middle order which has done so well for them so i guess Haddin might open then.
Haddin isn't an opener though. And Clarke has opened for Australia before.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Haddin isn't an opener though. And Clarke has opened for Australia before.
Clarke isn't an opener either though, and Haddin has opened for Australia before as well.

I'd open with Clarke as well (or maybe even Hopes as a smokey) but it's not as clear cut as your post makes it sound.

pup11

International Coach
Yeah i too think Hopesy could be a good option as an opener for tomorrow's game since he did pretty well for the Bulls as an opener in limited over cricket last season.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Would be suprised if they dont go with Hodge even though he hasnt opened in List A cricket (as far as I'm aware :unsure: ). Hasnt done anything on this tour yet so they'll want to give him every oppurtunity they can to make a fist of it, and he knows if he somehow makes it into the first test side against Sri Lanka it'll probably be as an opener so he'll be keen.

Laurrz

International Debutant
yea our batting is really versatile.. Hopes should open IMO.... only because he's so use to it for the Bulls

i'm sure Hodge and Haddin will do anything for that spot

pasag

RTDAS
Would be suprised if they dont go with Hodge even though he hasnt opened in List A cricket (as far as I'm aware :unsure: ). Hasnt done anything on this tour yet so they'll want to give him every oppurtunity they can to make a fist of it, and he knows if he somehow makes it into the first test side against Sri Lanka it'll probably be as an opener so he'll be keen.
Agree, will be surprised if Hodge doesn't get the chance to open here.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Why the hell is the Nascar on when it says the cricket should be on from 1:15 onwards?

**** you Foxtel, you better show this game. I have been stuck in the law library all this series, and have barely been able to watch 10 overs each game. Now its a Sunday afternoon, I finally have time to watch the game, and the Nascar is on!?

ARGH!

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haddin replaces the injured Matthew Hayden, while Sreesanth comes into the Indian team in place of RP Singh.