• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Having had teammates called a "white monkey" by an Indian team, I reckon that there's enough knowledge around that there is a racist undertone to the term.
The knowledge level of the team and the general crowd might be a bit different though. I can't really know whether the crowd did it in a racist way. As Honest said, not sure they would know how monkey noises could be implicated as racist. They might have known, mind. One can never know for certain and yes, there is room for doubt (I speak from my experiences of Indian crowds) whether it was meant in a racist way.

Saying that, how it was meant has no importance. It is shameful behaviour. There is no place for racism in sport regardless of whether the perpetrators of the offence meant it in a racist way or not.

pup11

International Coach
Are Aussies going to employ the rotation policy in the next game or are they going to stick with the same XI, it would have been nice if the likes of Voges and Hilfenhaus could have played a few games in this series.
Anyways if Aussies win the next game than in the last game i guess the fringe players might get a chance.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Are Aussies going to employ the rotation policy in the next game or are they going to stick with the same XI, it would have been nice if the likes of Voges and Hilfenhaus could have played a few games in this series.
Anyways if Aussies win the next game than in the last game i guess the fringe players might get a chance.
Voges has gone home, he's captaining WA today. Don't think Hilfenhaus will force his way in to the bowling lineup either what with Clark 'dropped' even though he's playing well.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ausralia still haven't 'won' the series. There are 2 games left IIRC so India could still tie the series. There will be no rotation while that is the case.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Regarding racist taunts, absolutely shameful. Really really poor, and although it's probably not easy to enforce, imo there should be life bans for anyone involved in anything like that.

anoop4real

U19 12th Man
Ausralia still haven't 'won' the series. There are 2 games left IIRC so India could still tie the series. There will be no rotation while that is the case.
Ya thats right ......India can atleast hope for a tie....:dry: but their recent performance shows that its never gonna happen:sleep:

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
i thought setting stands on fire was a nice thing :)

since more than 50% of the stands at eden garden is concreate and i have never heard
any one having hurt becuse of that..fans burning the paper at the end of a D/N game was a nice thing to see ..as long as it was not too much..
I think it depends on whether you knew it was going to happen or not, Obviously if you knew and had a chance to pack some sausages and a 6-pack in the esky then it's an absolutely marvellous idea!

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
I dont think Aussies will take the rotation policy. They will go for the kill and see that they win both the ODI's

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I was thinking today why is Hogg batting above Lee? Seems a strange decision to me.
He's a much better batsman than Lee. He's not a better hitter though so Lee should come in before him if it's the last couple of overs or something - which he usually does. He didn't in the last game though so one can only assume Hogg has been middling them better in the nets.

sideshowtim

Banned
He's a much better batsman than Lee. He's not a better hitter though so Lee should come in before him if it's the last couple of overs or something - which he usually does. He didn't in the last game though so one can only assume Hogg has been middling them better in the nets.
Hogg is very good at clearing the ropes too. I think they're about dead even in terms of batting ability. Flip a coin to see who comes in first I suppose.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Regarding racist taunts, absolutely shameful. Really really poor, and although it's probably not easy to enforce, imo there should be life bans for anyone involved in anything like that.
There aren't very many effective remedies. Though public can take some action. If , as has been claimed, there are cases of a single , or a couple of, individual/s misbehaving the others around them can easily tell them to shut up. By letting them go on they are in a way encouraging this nonsense.

To claim later that it was just one individual may be difficult to sustain and may beg belief for some.

pup11

International Coach
Ponting has said in his press conference today that Hayden isn't 100% atm and there is a chance that he might miss tomorrow's game, now that would be a huge blow for Australia IMO, Haddin is the man who would replace him in that case but frankly speaking i don't like the idea of Haddin opening the batting.

PakPowered

School Boy/Girl Captain
Do you think India has any chance in the test series?

This Od series is turning out to be very boring to me, i wasn't expecting India to win it but was pretty sure that it would be a very close series.

Laurrz

International Debutant
Do you think India has any chance in the test series?

This Od series is turning out to be very boring to me, i wasn't expecting India to win it but was pretty sure that it would be a very close series.
tbh i cant see Indias pace attack really threatening on Aussie wickets... they were deadly in Saffer and England but Australia is much much different...

but Kumble can always turn a game .. with his wicket to wicket bowling and useing the footmarks to our batting lineup which has 4 lefties