• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in Pakistan

pup11

International Coach
Kallis is such a great batsman and he has answered all his critics in the best possible way, Kallis batted 4 times in this series and made a century 3 times now that's batting of the highest quality.
Smith also batted well in this test and credit needs go to the Proteas for the way they have dominated in this series and Pakistan have generally looked very very ordinary through this series, Pakistan's dire team selection haven't helped them either.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Kallis, how good is this bloke? I keep saying it, but the man is crazy good. He's not going to have a score of less than 50 in the whole series. Four chances to bat, two fifties, two centuries. Gun.
Make that four chances, three centuries and one fifty. Haha, he's a batting God.

pasag

RTDAS
For Tests this calendar year, it beats Sangakkara's performance because it was against Bangladesh, he failed once and was at home. Don't know about Shiv vs England though.

Beleg

International Regular
the game's pretty interestingly poised at the moment.

I hope they try to win it tommorrow. They certainly have the batsmen to do it, if they wish to do so. The key would be not to get into an ultra-defensive mindset.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Despite the way Akmal and Younis batted towards the end, a win is really not a realistic possibility. Pakistan should be happy to bat through the day and secure the draw tomorrow.

And gun batting from Smith and Kailies. Showing our batsmen how it should be done tbh.

shortpitched713

International Captain
the game's pretty interestingly poised at the moment.

I hope they try to win it tommorrow. They certainly have the batsmen to do it, if they wish to do so. The key would be not to get into an ultra-defensive mindset.
:wallbash:

There's nothing wrong with being defensive, and I daresay if we lose a couple of our middle order stalwarts early on chasing quick runs it would effectively spell the end for our chances to save the match.

Beleg

International Regular
Umm, there would be nothing wrong with being defensive if Pakistan were WINNING the series. As it stands, we are losing. If we win this match, the series is levelled. If we lose, well, there isn't much difference between 1-0 and 2-0. The focus is NOT on saving the match, but saving the series.

It's the winning mentality which seperates mediocre teams from great ones.