• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India

pup11

International Coach
Uthappa is gone, nailed in front of the stumps by Mitch and again Uthappa was guilty of playing all around his front-foot but it was superb ball from Mitch good to see him consistently swinging the ball.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Who would you have sent in? Uthappa?
Oh we sure have a problem today.

I am just talking of how Yuvraj cant batat number three unless there is some minimum start.

Today we had no choice unless Dhoni decided to go in himself. He has shown a lot of intent to try and buckle down although his technique isnt much better

Athlai

Not Terrible
Oh we sure have a problem today.

I am just talking of how Yuvraj cant batat number three unless there is some minimum start.

Today we had no choice unless Dhoni decided to go in himself. He has shown a lot of intent to try and buckle down although his technique isnt much better
I meant it quite honestly, felt it was silly to put Yurjav in so early when he's had such a great run later on in the innings.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Uthappa may have gone but he is atleast used to playing the new ball as an opener. I think he would have been better to send than Yuvraj today too at number four. Of course he is gone. :dry:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
it's starting to look like one of those scenarios we used to see in the 90s, tendulkar waging a lone battle...hope he can last long enough...

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
37 off 8 overs isn't so bad, what are they playing on because the runs are still coming.
I have played on this wicket. It is generally a superb batting track. But today it seems to be very dry. Just look at how deep the batsman's marking of the guard has gone. Same with anyone running down the track. Thats strange. Probably too dry and not enough binding.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I have played on this wicket. It is generally a superb batting track. But today it seems to be very dry. Just look at how deep the batsman's marking of the guard has gone. Same with anyone running down the track. Thats strange. Probably too dry and not enough binding.
Can't see it mate, ;) NZ doesn't sure cricket outside of SA Eng Aus and here. Sad really.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Crazy how even an out of touch Tendulkar is still India's highest ODI run scorer by a decent margin in the last ten games, Yurjav comes close though, everyone else are more than a hundred off him.

pup11

International Coach
Dhoni is gone and India in deep trouble now, Mitch is running through the Indian team once again!

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
the captain goes...this match is over barring a combined tendulkar and bowling/fielding miracle...

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Can't see it mate, ;) NZ doesn't sure cricket outside of SA Eng Aus and here. Sad really.
Oh.

When Ganguly came in and marked hi guard (leg stump and middle stump both) the marks of his spikes appeared about two centimeters deep and pretty wide too. The wicket is said to be two thirds clay and you could see the red clay all over the spot where the batsman is standing and this after just two deliveries had been bowled.

When Ganguly was run out, he ran right on the centre of the wicket (as he does often) for the half a run he took and he left deep marks with each step !

Athlai

Not Terrible
Oh.

When Ganguly came in and marked hi guard (leg stump and middle stump both) the marks of his spikes appeared about two centimeters deep and pretty wide too. The wicket is said to be two thirds clay and you could see the red clay all over the spot where the batsman is standing and this after just two deliveries had been bowled.

When Ganguly was run out, he ran right on the centre of the wicket (as he does often) for the half a run he took and he left deep marks with each step !
Sounds like this could have been a cracker of a match if India could have put a score of 200 up.

biased indian

International Coach
It is silly to send in Yuvraj in the second over. It doesn't matter if it was number four. It has to do with how many overs have been bowled.

Indians have been going crazy about he being allowed to bat at number three. He can and SHOULD bat at number three but NOT if we lose a wicket very early.

HE JUST CANT PLAY THE MOVING BALL EARLY.
i think they had both dravid and yuvi padded up ...and with dravid going first ball i think it was obvious that yuvi will come.... who would come instead ..uthappa..whom every one was hailing as a good finisher last game...may be they should have tried pathan..just make aussie rethink thier strategy..but having won the last game..i dont think they would have chnaged the batting order much..