• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Was there a reason Ponting didn't bowl Lee for 10? Did he go off the field did he have a slight injury or is Ponting just a poor captain?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Was there a reason Ponting didn't bowl Lee for 10? Did he go off the field did he have a slight injury or is Ponting just a poor captain?
As I said before, he bowled him for 6 (6-0-13-0 IIRC) and then brought him back to bowl his four out at the end, but his first over back got smashed so he got taken out of attack. He certainly should have at least bowled two overs in the middle of the innings when Australia were searching for a wicket.

pup11

International Coach
Australians would have to take advantage of the powerplay's since i have a feeling this pitch might get slower and lower during the course of the innings and then it won't be too easy to score against the likes of Harbhajan, Karthik, Yuvraj and Tendulkar in the middle overs.

pup11

International Coach
Haydos flicked the ball and it went for 6!
Haydos showing that its always not about brute strength.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
That's just utterly stupid cricket from Gilchrist. I don't care who you are or what you're chasing, that was dire.

Mister Wright

Because Hogg was bowling well. He went for 4 in the 45th over. So Ponting bowled him again in the 47th. That over could have gone to Lee but I dont know if it was such a piece of folly.

BTW Hogg went for 4 1 1 1 1 0 (off the bat) in that 47th over. Again not a disaster.

Maybe he could have bowled Lee for the 48th and 50th overs instead of the 49th but its possible that he prefered him and Bracken to bowl from the ends that they had earlier.

I think its okay.

Fair enough, as I said I only was able to watch the last two overs. Still don't know why you'd favour someone who's gone for 58 over someone who went for 13 to bowl your last 2 overs. Lee is IMO the best Australian ODI bowler.

pup11

International Coach
Ponting isn't back at his best after the off-season so i just hope he doesn't get stuck at one end and put pressure on Hayden.

Mister Wright

Ponting isn't back at his best after the off-season so i just hope he doesn't get stuck at one end and put pressure on Hayden.
It's a good sign for Australia. I remember Ponting struggling at the start of last summer in a few ODIs and even made the ridiculous suggestion he would struggle during Australia's summer.

pup11

International Coach
Australia again has selected Hodge over Haddin, so Hodge better prove the selectors right this time around.

pup11

International Coach
Poor bowling this from RP he bowled a very good last over to Ponting but he hasn't been able to maintain the pressure.