• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in Pakistan

haroon510

International 12th Man
Akhtar? Not a bad shout, underrated batsman... Kaneria could also be an option, unlike Faisal Iqbal and Mohammed Hafeez, Danish now gets in line with the ball. :)
i meant shoaib malik

thanx for pointing that out though..

in the other note considering the way pakistan's opening combination is going... the pair of shaoib akhter and kaneria might do very well than some big names including hafeez and salman

PakPowered

School Boy/Girl Captain
This should be a do or die match for Iqbal, if he cannot perform on this Karachi pitch, then he simply cannot be expected to perform on the spin tracks of India or the pitches of SA and Aus, hence another failure should be enough to dump him from team.

I feel that Asim Kamal would be a part of Pak squad for India tour.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Top effort by the big man. Probably the least appreciated cricketer on CW carried SA with the bat this Test.

Now all that is left is for him to squeeze a few out with te ball and it will be a fantastic game.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
what about trying tafeeq umer or yasir hameed... they have been in a good form recently... they played really well against Aus's A team,
There's always a what if though. If Hameed had played and failed, someone would have said "What about Hafeez? He did well when he first came into the side and was dropped after one poor series." Hafeez should be given the series. If he fails, he should be dropped long term. That way, you won't have the lingering ghosts of doubt over whether he should have been dropped, and Hameed/Umar/whoever will know they'll be given a proper chance as well. If he succeeds, which I believe he quite easily could, then you have yourself an opener.

irfan

State Captain
Excellent rearguard by Younis, sets it up for an interesting final day with all three results still possible on what looks like a deteriorating pitch.

Pakistan must tell Asif to have a go and try and smack a few, cos if he can get a few quick runs than Smith would start to feel a bit queasy, if he goes then in comes Malik.

Younis must hold fort here cos if he goes Pakistan's chances will go with him. My prediction is still a Saffie win with Harris doing a lot of damage.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Tomorrow will be an interesting days cricket.

All Pak need is 2 more good partnerships to bring this home, but that is obviously easier said than done.

Younis Khan doing a great job here.

PakPowered

School Boy/Girl Captain
Thank God Younis is back in form, he's a real class act.If Yousuf also comes good (after a very long lay off) then Pakistan batting would get really strong.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
You think its doable? I don't know, a fifth day pitch is never easy and that's a big target still. Barring weather, there should be a result though, so it should be exciting. Pakistan are paying 7 if anyone wants to bet some...

Fusion

Global Moderator
Well it's a loooooooong shot for victory, but at least Younis has given Pakistan a chance. That's something I didn't even think was possible when South Africa declared.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Pakistan will need to score at a good rate tomorrow if they want to have a chance of winning. Will be interesting to see what they can do against Harris on a fifth day pitch.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
It’s almost surreal that Pakistan are still in this test match. Younis Khan came to the crease with positive intent but it ultimately felt like resigned aggression, comparable to Afridi’s blitz in Bridgetown 05, nothing to lose just go down swinging or reverse sweeping in Khan’s case but somehow his played a faultless 90 odd and given his side the momentum to pull of the most improbable of victories.

Really has been a fantastic test match. Although, if South Africa lose this match they would be inconsolable, for they have dictated the game from day one but tomorrow should be cracker with the draw now taken out of the equation.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
It’s almost surreal that Pakistan are still in this test match. Younis Khan came to the crease with positive intent but it ultimately felt like resigned aggression, comparable to Afridi’s blitz in Bridgetown 05, nothing to lose just go down swinging or reverse sweeping in Khan’s case but somehow his played a faultless 90 odd and given his side the momentum to pull of the most improbable of victories.

Really has been a fantastic test match. Although, if South Africa lose this match they would be inconsolable, for they have dictated the game from day one but tomorrow should be cracker with the draw now taken out of the equation.
Any one who thinks Pakistan will win and interested in offering odds ? :)

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Same thing happened to England in Pakistan a couple years back. Thought it was an easy chase but got bowled out from nowhere.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I can honestly say, without exaggeration, that I'm more excited ahead of the 5th day of this Test than I was ahead of the T20 final.

Well done to Younis. Hope he makes a ton. When was the last time a Pakistani batsman made a 100 in the 4th inning?