• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Its hard to see where your improvement is going to come from - you're over reliant on Lloyd and Lucas, Hird is gone, Knights is unproven. Unless you secure Judd you don't really have a top-drawer mid-fielder. Fletcher and Michael are getting older, and despite Fletcher's great efforts this year, you'd doubt he'll be as good next year. You have some good kids, but so does every club.
Michael got beaten nearly every week this year anyway... If anything we will improve on this year. The likes of Ryder, Gumbleton, Monfries, Stanton, Watson etc can only improve and we have an absolute gun who keeps doing his hammy in Dempsey. Lloyd, Lucas and Fletcher havent done anything to suggest they'll be any worse either. Lloyd and Lucas are 29-30 and in their prime and Lucas is playing career best footy. I can't see us winning anything les than 7-8 games.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lloyd is nothing like the player he was in the early '00s, and i can't see him being anywhere near that good, and effective again without a quality midfield. Stanton, Watson et.al might improve, but as Matt79 said, you have no top drawer midfielder, and i can't see that midfield winning anything more than 7 games.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Lloyd is nothing like the player he was in the early '00s, and i can't see him being anywhere near that good, and effective again without a quality midfield. Stanton, Watson et.al might improve, but as Matt79 said, you have no top drawer midfielder, and i can't see that midfield winning anything more than 7 games.
We did that this year easily this year did we not? Whats going to change next year?

Hoggy31

International Captain
Lloyd would've won the Coleman this year had he played every game.

The midfield is workman-like and is good enough to service Lucas and Lloyd efficiently imo.

Josh

International Regular
Best day of all time. Sitting in the Rosemont in Adelaide, surrounded by about 100 Port fans, handful of Victorians just cheering Geelong to victory. It felt great!

ash chaulk

International Captain
geelong
west coast
collingwood
fremantle
hawthorn
port
bulldogs
st kilda

kangaroos
sydney
adelaide
brisbane
melbourne
essendon
carlton
richmond

Premier: West Coast (its a pattern - 92,94 06,08?)
Runner-Up: Geelong
Brownlow: Kerr, Ablett
Coleman: Fev
Rising Star: palmer
Wooden Spoon: richmond

Hoggy31

International Captain
There's some shockin' news coming out that will rock the football world. Eagles-related.

(If true)

Status
Not open for further replies.