• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Yessssssssss, Port - can cop the biggest loss of the 2007 finals series.

Good to see Mooney get a kick this time around.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Sounds dire. Not what you want in a final at all.

It's on at a rubbish time, too. And not just because it was 5.30 over here and I slept right through it. What kind of Grand Final starts at 2.30pm? Need time to get some more drinks in beforehand.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sounds dire. Not what you want in a final at all.

It's on at a rubbish time, too. And not just because it was 5.30 over here and I slept right through it. What kind of Grand Final starts at 2.30pm? Need time to get some more drinks in beforehand.
Nah it is when Port Adelaide are on the losing side.

cometer

State Regular
Probably not a great final to watch. Would have preferred a closer game. Dislike both Geelong and Port, so really all I wanted was some sort of a close game.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Well done Geelong - they were clearly the best side almost all year and today played like it. I think they played brilliantly for about 8-9 goals worth of the margin, but the rest of the thrashing Port did to themselves, they did. And that's why it really hurt. :laugh:

Now if the Storm can win tomorrow, all the silverware will be in Victoria where it belongs! ;)

Perm

Only watched parts of the game TBH, once Geelong started getting a roll on I became disinterested, it wasn't the close contest I was after. Shame.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Preliminary finals are almost always the best finals to watch. The last couple of years of Grand Finals have been exceptions, but usually one side or the other seems to choke up a bit (although today was a different order of magnitude), and its not been close for many years until the last couple. This year we had one classic prelim and one dire one and a blowout in the GF, so it was a bit disappointing in that regard.

Perm

Yeah, I've seen the last two grand finals, with mixed fortunes for the Eagles, so I was expecting something a bit better than that.

Johnners

'02 was a close GF Matt :D:D

Anyway, i didn't find the game boring at all, quite simply because Geelong were so ****ing awesome. Sure Port didn't play well, but you couldn't help but be impressed by the ease in which the Cats rebounded the ball and owned the corridor. I'm tipping Joel Selwood for the Brownlow next year, he's that good imo.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
A) go **** yourself :p
B) yeah, i enjoyed watching it, but it didn't compare to the prelim with Geelong v Collingwood, or the last two, for entertainment and thrills.

Status
Not open for further replies.