• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Also, pup11, would it be too much to ask that you address players by their names? It's just kinda annoying when you are having a discussion and see nicknames bandied about all the time, particularly of the Australian players.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If Dasa has an issue with my tongue-in-cheek remark, I'll discuss it with him. Otherwise, I'll just say that I have always thought Dasa was a top poster and fair guy, but both of these comments have been a bit too tetchy for mine - maybe he's having a grouchy day, or maybe I'm just having a sensitive day.
I'd personally say it's more likely to be a case of him having a day where there's 2 things to be pretty grouchy about.

TBH.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Also, pup11, would it be too much to ask that you address players by their names? It's just kinda annoying when you are having a discussion and see nicknames bandied about all the time, particularly of the Australian players.
Haha, have thought that too TBH. TBF, he's certainly not the only one, though he probably does it more than most. :p

Nishant

International 12th Man
lol, idiotic stuff from Symonds, but if only we had the team to beat them and shut them up........
we do mate! :)

symonds u pratt!!!!

EDIT: you never know actually....his words may have been twisted by the indian media TBF!!!!

Last edited:

pup11

International Coach
Ok guys i will take care about not addressing players by their nicks now.
So is Hodgey (oops...) i mean Bradley Hodge gonna bat at 3 or is Voges gonna bat at that position, anyways i hope they don't pick Haddin instead of Voges because i think he is not too good in the field.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
If Dasa has an issue with my tongue-in-cheek remark, I'll discuss it with him. Otherwise, I'll just say that I have always thought Dasa was a top poster and fair guy, but both of these comments have been a bit too tetchy for mine - maybe he's having a grouchy day, or maybe I'm just having a sensitive day.
I'd personally say it's more likely to be a case of him having a day where there's 2 things to be pretty grouchy about.

TBH.
A little from column A, a little from column B.

pup11

International Coach
I am still laughing at the incident in which a man tried to kiss Ponting on his cheek :laugh:, Ponting was at a function to auction his bat for charity and announce a new charity programme called "RUN RICKY RUN" with this programme it was announced that in the next one year for every run Ricky scores a child's education would be supported by him.
I think after seeing all this charity work being done by Ponting the man probably wanted to express his love Ponting. :lol:

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
A little from column A, a little from column B.
lol... Hey mate, hope you know I meant no offence with my comment.

Back on topic:
Given they've named Voges, I would hope he does get a few games in in Hussey's slot. Hodge I think has earned the number 3 slot in Ponting's absence - he's done the job consistently when asked to be Ricky's stunt double.

pup11

International Coach
From what i have learnt Voges would be on next flight home as soon as Ponting recovers and Haddin is gonna stay back, though i think it should have been the other way around.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Fantastic job by Symonds getting under people's skin. Good banter.

Who cares what he said? He said it for a very specific reason. Any psychological advantage you can get, you need to get. Good for him.

pup11

International Coach
A lot has been said from India's side too but none of that seems to get any prominence because the Aussies are the eternal bad boys of cricket so whatever they say or do is sledging and abusive and whenever other teams do the same damn thing its called aggression!! (**** what double standards)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Only in reaction when asked by the media.

Can you quote anything said against Australia by an Indian player other than that ?

Perm

A lot has been said from India's side too but none of that seems to get any prominence because the Aussies are the eternal bad boys of cricket so whatever they say or do is sledging and abusive and whenever other teams do the same damn thing its called aggression!! (**** what double standards)
8-)

irfan

State Captain
For the meaningless 7 ODI's against Australia, I'd be resting all the Indian players that have played through the NatWest/T20 World Championships i.e Yuvraj, Dhoni & RP

The Ideal lineup would be
S Ganguly
S Tendulkar
R Uthappa
D Karthik (k)
R Dravid*
R Sharma
I Pathan
R Powar
H Singh
S Sreesanth
Z Khan

There's possibly a case for switching Uthappa & Gambhir depending on who's fresher. Aside from that, I don't want to excessively play Yuvraj/Dhoni for injury concerns - you'll need to look at the current state of Australia to see why my fears may be justified.

viktor

State Vice-Captain
Meh, just firing a bit of a verbal salvo ahead of the series. Its utterly meaningless unless the Indian team/public want to run with it.

I've gone ahead and got FoxSports, so I hope it doesn't rain. I'd only have spent the extra money on nappies or food for the kids anyway...
That's an interesting point because the current Ind A v RSA A series has had a couple of games called off now due to the weather.

Perm

Aside from that, I don't want to excessively play Yuvraj/Dhoni for injury concerns - you'll need to look at the current state of Australia to see why my fears may be justified.
The Australians have sufferred from a lack of cricket more than an excess.