• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
BTW, can't believe the Herald-Sun and others are still running with the idea the Pies should trade Didak. The bloke is a gun (no pun intended) and a matchwinner. You simply don't trade those types of players unless you are receiving a similar calibre player. If Didak was traded as part of a deal to bring Judd to Collingwood, I could see it, but otherwise, its just not on.

In terms of his off-the-field issues, I'd suggest the reason you have coaching staff, footy departments, and that a club, through the salary they give to players, pays for that player's personal management etc, is to make sure that regardless of personal issues, the bloke turns up ready to play.

Dids has had, overall, a disappointing year, especially in comparison to 2006. But he's had an ongoing hip problem and other well-documented issues that have affected him. Last night shows why he'd remain a required player for me. Love the bloke (as a player that is).

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Congrats Matt :)

As much as i think he's a dodgy bugger, we'd be more than happy to trade you Ash McGrath for Didak :D

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, suffering from a severe case of Medhurst-lust-itus after the last couple of weeks. There's only one known cure! ;)

cameeel

International Captain
Code:
CW Tipping Ladder - Finals Week Two

Hoggy - 120
Pasag - 120
BoyBrumby - 114
Oz Fan - 114
Cameeel - 113
Alternative - 108
Archie Mac - 105
Superkingdav - 105
Jono - 105 
DYCE - 105
R_D - 103
Matteh - 101
Vic Orthodox - 100
MikeW - 98
Faaip - 95
Ash Chaulk - 94
Dark Hunter - 93
Clapo - 89
Complete ladder, so Hoggy is actually ahead of Pasag, not equal to

cameeel

International Captain
Still trying to figure out how the team who finished first isn't going to have one home final the entire series.
Nah, it's fair enough that they play at the MCG. Skilled Stadium isn't big enough, and they're the only Victorian club to have a real home ground advantage during the H&A season.

R_D

International Debutant
lol wut?

Nobody picked them to make the 8, coming in 5th is no mean feat. They'll be a better team next year.

And yeah, read that stuff about Judd last night. itstl. If he plays in a Bombers or Pies jersey next year I'll cry.
fair play to Hawks for beating Adelaide last week but generally over-rated in how pretty much everyone thought they were going to beat the Kangaroos....yet i was pretty confident about them losing. You;d think team that finished 4th and beat Hawks just 4 or 5 rounds ago, would be favorite to win. Kangaroos Generally had the wood over Hawks for past few seasons, beaten them 6 out of last 8 times apparently.
You only have to watch Hawthorn's one match to realise what a dire team they are, they bore the hell out of you.
Franklin's awesome.... althou that first quarter by him was pretty awful but came back well.

Judd to Kangaroos ? :P

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
From Essendon we'd have to offer some of the following.

Ryder, Jetta, Gumbleton pick 6, Bradley.

Status
Not open for further replies.