• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Nah he won't, go read the first page of this thread (Y)
Hahaha, you. dead. set. gun.

Think the world's just a little bit too Buddy centric at the moment. Treatment of Harvey is diplorable, know how West Coast felt with Judd now, not even letting the **** play footy.. Lewis should get 5 weeks for that. Hawthorn trying to stop us from winning the game rather than winning it themselves, pity the ****s. Have no target accross half forward ffs, win this quarter and we win the game imo.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
**** there's been some absolutely shocking decisions against the Hawks this game. Wouldn't be surprised if one Darren Murphy was umpiring atm.

In other news, Crawf's gorn for the season regardless. Shocker.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Better team won by far. Hawks copped some shockers but it wouldn't have changed the result in the end. They just looked so tired late in the 3rd and all through the 4th.

In other news, that's as good as season over from my perspective. Couldn't give a flying **** who won from here on, hope Geelong win their next two games by an average of about 400 points because they ****ing deserve it.

pasag

RTDAS
If Port or Collingwood win it, I'll cry. Geelong obviously deserve it the most but the Kangas winning it would be great.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Wow, where to start..

Our best team effort for the year; had at least 18 contributors, which has been rare for us lately. JWS>Judd. My head hurts, going to bed.

irfan

State Captain
Great team effort from the Roos today, solid contributions from all the players.
After last week's shocker, the boys applied a lot more of the typical Roos pressure and their intensity and attack at the football was first rate throughout.
The Hawks appeared a little flat-footed but that shouldn't detract from the quality of the win.

Really impressed with McMahon - courageous, calm & poised whenever he got the footy and made his presence felt in all of his contests. Brady "The Blanket" Rawlings did another superb tagging job on Hodge & Daniel "Beaver" Harris's ability to extract the ball from underneath packs would've made the Coolgardie gold miners proud.

Boomer's back, Edwards is seeing it like a beach ball and all we need is Wells to take on more opponents and then only I think we'd have all cylinders up and running.

Looking forward to the Port match, need to tag C.Cornes & P.Burgoyne out of the match and jump out of the blocks to be able to silence their home crowd early. Gibbo on Westhoff and Firrito on Ebert with Watt on Tredrea are probably the ideal match ups - need to exploit the likes of Pettigrew, I'd probably try to get Edwards one on one with him.

Would dearly love a 3rd tall up in the forward line, maybe Thommo ??

If we don't win I hope Geelong does as they have been the best by far this season

R_D

International Debutant
Recorded the match... just finished watching it.
What an awesome all-round effort by the kanagas. The tackling was sensational today.
Jess Smith and Pratt are guns.

Daniel Wells second half was really good... carried and ran with the ball fair few times... need him to do that more often.
Rawling's effort no words for it. Edwards was great too.
Actually everyone played really well. If Kangas can't win than i hope Geelong do they've great this year.

Hawks = over-rated..... i was pretty confident about kangas Winning this one but still was pretty nervous watching it. Alot of mistakes at start of that 3rd quarter had me worried.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
How awesome was Edward's mark. If he only he slotted the goal after it.

Wells' goal to finish the match was hilariously brilliant. Knew the Roos would win, pity I had a multi of them with West Coast. :(

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
AWTA, hope he goes to the Dee's or Richmond myself. Lol @ the WCE fans on BF all coming out having a whinge at the Victorian journalists and saying it will never happen.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Haha - go Pies! Best game ever! I was watching it in hospital (yep, Thursday was still the best day of the week for me with number 2 arriving safely) and fair dinkum woke up every baby in the place in the last few seconds of that match, but we smashed them in extra time.

Precedents anyone. In 1990 we drew with Eagles, then beat them, before going on to win the flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.