• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha, exactly why i love them, and why they were such legends. They didn't go out their to make friends, or make people like them. They didn't care what people thought, they just went out there and took on anyone in opposite colours.
Yeah its fair enough if you support the team, but when you don't, players like that are just scum. Always loved the Lions, but couldn't stand the Scott brothers. The fact that I didn't know which one from which, and which one retired and was still playing, makes me hate them even more.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I was never a big fan of them, but they did the job for the team and that was enough for me. Johnson was an absolute champion though, and he'll be sorely missed :(

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
If I'm to win $400+ and win my Dream Team league, I need O'Keefe to at least do reasonable and get 75+ points.

CARN ROK! LIFT FOR ME!

pasag

RTDAS
Am I reading the Syd-Haw score right? Sydney casually up by 70 points and it's not even half time.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Got on Sydney paying 2.50 before the game. Best bet.

Then when Franklin kicked the first goal, got on Sydney +16.5 paying 1.83.

Some how I don't think they need those extra 16.5 points today.

Swans eternally underrated.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Loved the Scott brothers. Brad was the guy behind getting everyone to vote for Ryan Lonie as the most courageous player in the AFL in a player survey; had to have a sit down chat with Lonie to smooth things over when he became an assistant coach at Collingwood.

VFL game today was great to watch. Hawkins' tackle on Oakley-Nicholls was awesome, poor fella couldn't stand up. Both teams above 100 at three quarter time. Quality.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Thank God the 'Pies have drawn the G. It was very unlikely they'd stick us in the Dome, but the AFL at times has an unnatural attachment to the place, and it would have been a death sentence to our season. As it is, with our match-ups against Sydney, and two extra days rest, and our game plan on the larger ground, looking good for us to get smacked by WC in Subi or Port at AAMI in the second week! ;)

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Things couldn't have gone much worse for Hawthorn today. Now they find themselves playing a home final at the Dome, against a team who enjoy playing there, and play a brand of football that seems to be effective in stifling the Hawks' play.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah its fair enough if you support the team, but when you don't, players like that are just scum. Always loved the Lions, but couldn't stand the Scott brothers. The fact that I didn't know which one from which, and which one retired and was still playing, makes me hate them even more.
Absolutely agree with this. Throw Johnson in there as well.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Carlton aren't tanking they're just plain ****.

Tanking doesn't happen, Carlton just simply don't have the cattle to win games of footy.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Tanking clearly does happen - at the selection table if nowhere else.

And I thought Carlton were having a particularly hard time shooting straight for goal today if truth be told, even by their admittedly extremely poor standards of skill.

The system needs to be changed, because it does distort the game and produce stupid situations like today.

pasag

RTDAS
Carlton aren't tanking they're just plain ****.

Tanking doesn't happen, Carlton just simply don't have the cattle to win games of footy.
Yeah pretty much. Melbourne were favourites and we'd lost 10 straight going in. Don't think anyone expected anything different.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
But you showed nothing like the fight that was evident, against much better teams, when Ratten's future as Carlton coach was still in question.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Given that 10/11 of the Dees best 25 were out, it's pretty obvious Carlton's playing wasn't up to much.

Status
Not open for further replies.