• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pasag

RTDAS
Given that 10/11 of the Dees best 25 were out, it's pretty obvious Carlton's playing wasn't up to much.
Yeah and we had Fevola and Fisher out and we're dire. And the bookies were paying 1 something for Melbourne as opposed to 3 something for Carlton. Look at all the tips in the thread as well, doubt you'll find anyone that tipped Carlton.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
I didn't think Carlton would win, but they appeared to be taking no chances today, that's all.

EDIT: And I'm not really having a go at them for doing so either. It's the smart thing to do, and in a few years time, once Murphy, Gibbs and Kreuser have a couple of preseasons under their belt, and assuming Fev can keep the Hyde side of his personality under control, you guys will be a force again. Its just a problem with the AFL's rules.

Last edited:

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah and we had Fevola and Fisher out and we're dire. And the bookies were paying 1 something for Melbourne as opposed to 3 something for Carlton. Look at all the tips in the thread as well, doubt you'll find anyone that tipped Carlton.
I tipped Carlton purely because whenever i do actually tip the Dees, they lose.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Things couldn't have gone much worse for Hawthorn today. Now they find themselves playing a home final at the Dome, against a team who enjoy playing there, and play a brand of football that seems to be effective in stifling the Hawks' play.
So happy it's at the Dome and not at the MCG. Basically the best matchup we could have possibly got in the first week, in terms of the opposition and the location.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
So glad to see Chris Scott out of the game.

I love the Lions, always have and always will (one of my favourite teams after Richmond and the Roos), but the Scott brothers were scum.
Haha, exactly why i love them, and why they were such legends. They didn't go out their to make friends, or make people like them. They didn't care what people thought, they just went out there and took on anyone in opposite colours.
I was never a big fan of them, but they did the job for the team and that was enough for me.
Loved the Scott brothers. Brad was the guy behind getting everyone to vote for Ryan Lonie as the most courageous player in the AFL in a player survey; had to have a sit down chat with Lonie to smooth things over when he became an assistant coach at Collingwood.
What was the deal with the Scotts? Seem to polarise opinion somewhat. Filthy, I'm guessing?

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Absolutely agree with this. Throw Johnson in there as well.
Dire, Chris Johnson >>>>>>>>>>>>> the Scott brothers in all thing AFL. Or do you not like him just because he helped kick the pies collective ass 02 & 03? :ph34r: :cool:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I'll be tipping the Kangas. To be perfectly honest, prefer to play you guys than Hawthorn, who have had the wood over us the past few years. But we're due to start screwing things up, so it'll probably start this week.

pasag

RTDAS
I'll be tipping the Kangas. To be perfectly honest, prefer to play you guys than Hawthorn, who have had the wood over us the past few years. But we're due to start screwing things up, so it'll probably start this week.
Haha love the pessimisim, reminds me of this I read today:

Because Geelong has previously ridden the roller-coaster of looking certain to win the cup — only to crash on grand final day — Dr Bastin suggests the team, along with the township, is protecting itself emotionally by keeping their claims to victory low-key. "They've been so accustomed to being disappointed, when they've been the best team and got to the grand final and been flogged. This year they're the best team and they're keeping the lid on it. If they win it, there will be unrestrained exultation."
Interesting article btw.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Dire, Chris Johnson >>>>>>>>>>>>> the Scott brothers in all thing AFL. Or do you not like him just because he helped kick the pies collective ass 02 & 03? :ph34r: :cool:
Nah, Johnson's a knob. I never said my problem with him was based on my perception of his skills. I just hate the guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.