• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pasag

RTDAS
With my team out of the finals, shock horror, this is the order of who I want to win the flag:

North Melbourne
Hawthorn
Geelong
Adelaide
West Coast
Sydney
Port Adelaide
Collingwood

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Dont want druggys to win. So that rules out Hawthorn and WC so any of the other 6 will do.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
With my team out of the finals, shock horror, this is the order of who I want to win the flag:

North Melbourne
Hawthorn
Geelong
Adelaide
West Coast
Sydney
Port Adelaide
Collingwood
Collingwood
North
Geelong
Hawthorn
Sydney
WC
Adelaide
Port Adelaide

Ban all non-Victorian clubs tbh, as a wise man once said.

Before he went back on his word and said he'd prefer the cup stay interstate than be won by a Victorian team.

pasag

RTDAS
Collingwood
North
Geelong
Hawthorn
Sydney
WC
Adelaide
Port Adelaide

Ban all non-Victorian clubs tbh, as a wise man once said.

Before he went back on his word and said he'd prefer the cup stay interstate than be won by a Victorian team.
Ban all non-Victorian teams and Collingwood is the revised version :p

Hoggy31

International Captain

North Melbourne
Hawthorn
Geelong
Adelaide
West Coast
Sydney
Port Adelaide
Collingwood
Behind North:

Geelong
Port Adelaide
Adelaide
Sydney
Hawthorn
Collingwood
West Coast

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
:( Last time we'll ever see Chris Johnson & Chris Scott in a Lions jersey. Both were great players for the club, particulalry Johnson who played a huge role in each year of our three-pete.

Jonathan Brown is quite simply awesome, his 7 goals, including 4 in the last quarter, was magnificent. Such a shame it was for a losing cause :( He gets the Coleman though :cool: :cool:

As for who i want to see win the flag, Geelong, they've looked sooooo good all season, and it would be criminal if they didn't win it.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Swans/Hawks is huuugggeeee, don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight.

North beating the Dogs is a given, of course.

Matteh

West Coast
Geelong
Adelaide
North Melbourne
Hawthorn
Port Adelaide
Collingwood
Sydney

For mine.

Last edited:

Johnners

Swans to lose by no less than 60, Franklin to kick 11.2 this week. Actually speaking of Franklin, his awesome kicking last week put him up in the top 10 for most behinds in a game by a single player (got this from Inside Football).

The list:

0.11 - Tom Allen - Richmond - 1949 - R14 - Rch 8.24-72 vs NM 17.11-113

0.11 - Stuart Spencer - Melbourne - 1956 - R5 - Mel 6.20-56 v Gee 6.12-48

1.13 - Dave McNamara - St. Kilda - 1922 - R18 - StK 7.22-64 v Rch 5.7-37

1.13 - Gordon Coventry - Collingwood - 1930 - R15 - Col 17.13-115 v StK 14.7-91

1.10 - Jack Shelton - St. Kilda - 1927 - R12 - StK 9.17-71 v Rch 16.14-110

1.10 - Peter McKenna - Collingwood - 1969 - R12 Col - 9.24-78 v Haw 6.11-47

2.13 - Ted Whitten Snr - Footscray - 1956 - R16 - SM 10.10-70 v Fsc 8.15-63

2.11 - Lance Franklin - Hawthorn - 2007 - R21- Haw 22.19-151 v WB 10.7.67

2.10 - Fred Hiskins - Essendon - 1901 - R6 - SM 5.5-35 v Ess 3.23-41

2.10 - Cliff Rankin - Geelong - 1921 - 1SF - Rch 16.19-115 v Gee 6.18-54

4.14 - Norm Ware - Footscray - 1942 - 1SF - SM 13.13-91 v Fsc 7.22-64

Hoggy31

International Captain
Swans to lose by no less than 60, Franklin to kick 11.2 this week. Actually speaking of Franklin, his awesome kicking last week put him up in the top 10 for most behinds in a game by a single player (got this from Inside Football).
Based on your tipping form, I feel a lot more secure over a Swans win.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
So glad to see Chris Scott out of the game.

I love the Lions, always have and always will (one of my favourite teams after Richmond and the Roos), but the Scott brothers were scum.

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
So glad to see Chris Scott out of the game.

I love the Lions, always have and always will (one of my favourite teams after Richmond and the Roos), but the Scott brothers were scum.
Haha, exactly why i love them, and why they were such legends. They didn't go out their to make friends, or make people like them. They didn't care what people thought, they just went out there and took on anyone in opposite colours.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
My preferences:
West Coast
Collingwood
North Melbourne
Geelong
Hawthorn
Adelaide
Port Adelaide
Sydney

Also, Scott Lucas has temporarily taken over top spot in my list of my most hated people and terminal illnesses, nudging out Lara Bingle, Leonard Casley and prostate cancer. I had committed myself to going to Perth next week if we secured the home final, but because of him and Freo (the insipid tanking little f***ers) that's not going to happen, and my first trip back to Perth since moving has been further delayed.

On the game though, I think we had that scare coming: Essendon's attacking game is naturally built to scythe through a low-pace defence like WCE's. A short, sharp, low altitude style of delivering the ball into the 50 is a recipe for disaster when many of the big guys bar Jones and Glass can't really keep up. And also, muchos credito to Essendon's goal:behind ratio, fantastic again as it was when they beat us earlier in the season. There's no reason they can't have a massive year next year as far as I can see.

Anyway, get the finals on the road IMO. Now that Big Kev's dead I think I'm nearly the most excited man still breathing bereft of any fashion sense.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Sydney
Hawthorn
Geelong
North Melbourne
Port Adelaide
Collingwood
Adelaide
West Coast

Anything other than one of those top four will have me fumin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.