• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
It's still possible, although we'd need the tigers put in another sterling effort and defeat St. Kilda.
Not only that, but Adelaide now have better percentage than us. There was a thing in the the age about it today. Basically, we need saints to lose, adelaide to lose by at least 15, and us to win by atleast 15...Personally, i think it'll be Adelaide myself, they should beat Collingwood easily.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Not only that, but Adelaide now have better percentage than us. There was a thing in the the age about it today. Basically, we need saints to lose, adelaide to lose by at least 15, and us to win by atleast 15...Personally, i think it'll be Adelaide myself, they should beat Collingwood easily.
15 points, or goals?

cameeel

International Captain
Code:
[U]CW Tipping Ladder Round 21[/U]

Pasag - 112
Hoggy - 109
BoyBrumby - 105
Cameeel - 105
Oz Fan - 104
Superkingdav - 101
Alternative - 100
Jono - 98
Archie Mac - 97
DYCE - 96
R_D - 95
MikeW - 94
Vic Orthodox - 92
Matteh - 92
Faaip - 91
Ash Chaulk - 89
Dark Hunter - 87
Clapo - 82
Properly adjusted ladder, rather than just being in alphabetical order

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Wouldn't want to face your mob first week tbh.

If we finish 5th, my order of preference would be - Swans, Saints, Crows.
My first choice would definitely be Hawthorn, so hopefully the Swans get up and Hawthorn end up 5th. Adelaide just match up really well against them IMO, and I'd be surprised if we lost. Then again we lost to Melbourne this year, so who knows.

Last choice would be Collingwood probably, bit nervous about this week as it is.

pasag

RTDAS
Jono in the Dream Team Grand Final against some random (I think). Go Jono!

And I can't believe I beat Buddhy the my last home and away game of the season.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Thought there was a decent suggestion of Footy Classified last night, about "flipping" the result of the Carlton-Melbourne game so that the winner gets the better draft options. Its too radical/sensible for the AFL to do it, because Demetriou just won't admit the current system leads to tanking, but at least it would mean both teams want to win rather than lose.

also, how good was it to see Archer, West and Buckley lay into Caroline Wilson, Hutchins and the fat bloke. Footy investigative journos are mostly scummy muckrakers these days - the proportion of media stuff that is actually about the onfield game is pathetic. If they want to be absorbed by the dramas of the personalities meshing, the latest intrigue, and finding out about people's "real personalities" they should watch Big Brother rather than AFL.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Haha, farrrrk, apparently a Hawthorn player is being investigated for drug dealing now. Tough to make a quid in that AFL.

pasag

RTDAS
Love the fact Seven is getting it for this. Police raids, threats of Brownlow boycotts, low news ratings this week. Serves them right.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Jono in the Dream Team Grand Final against some random (I think). Go Jono!

And I can't believe I beat Buddhy the my last home and away game of the season.
My team has dominated all season, should easily put "MLJ" away.

The Golden Boys ftw :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.