• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty much spot on...although in my biasness i'd argue that Rutten & Mattner beat Brown...because our other fowards just offered nothing. I can't wait until Bradshaw comes back!!
I'd give you Rutten and Stevens beating Brown, and you can throw Johncock in there as well. Brisbane's movement forward was way too predictable and guys like Stevens and Johncock could leave their man and fill in the space in front of Brown, so it certainly wasn't a one man job. Rutten still beat Brown almost every time the ball did get to them though, which is a fair feat given the form he's been in. There was one contest in particular that stands out, where Rutten just worked Brown under the ball in a one on one and took a chest mark. I've not seen someone beat him that easily, ever.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd give you Rutten and Stevens beating Brown, and you can throw Johncock in there as well. Brisbane's movement forward was way too predictable and guys like Stevens and Johncock could leave their man and fill in the space in front of Brown, so it certainly wasn't a one man job. Rutten still beat Brown almost every time the ball did get to them though, which is a fair feat given the form he's been in. There was one contest in particular that stands out, where Rutten just worked Brown under the ball in a one on one and took a chest mark. I've not seen someone beat him that easily, ever.
Thought it was Mattner down back not Stevens :huh:. Either way, our movement forward was, as you said, entirely predictable, and rarely was the delivery all that crash hot either. I'd agree that Rutten did defeat Brown in their few one-on-ones, and imo he's the only back in the league who could do it as he can match Brown in size and strength.

Clark had 1 or 2 good leads, particularly the one where he kicked his first goal when he came out from behind Brown, Rutten & Stevens. It's a shame he couldn't keep it up though. We can't rely on Brown taking awesome pack marks (like he did when he kicked his only goal) the whole team because when there's 2 or more guys on him, he's rarely going to beat all of them.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

CARN YOU TIGERS!

Bombers are so pathetic, honestly go hang yourselves. If you can't beat the bottom team when your finals chances are still alive, and you can't send off Hirdy and Sheedy in style, don't bother showing up next year. Pitiful.

Was at the game, atmosphere was **** house for almost 90,000. Tigers fans were really respectful to Hird, can't say the same to how Essendon fans treated Richo, but I loved it when he showed them the ball when they booed him. GO RICHO.

**** I'm so happy we spoilt their emotonal fairytale party. LOVE IT!

mikeW

International Vice-Captain

CARN YOU TIGERS!

Bombers are so pathetic, honestly go hang yourselves. If you can't beat the bottom team when your finals chances are still alive, and you can't send off Hirdy and Sheedy in style, don't bother showing up next year. Pitiful.

Was at the game, atmosphere was **** house for almost 90,000. Tigers fans were really respectful to Hird, can't say the same to how Essendon fans treated Richo, but I loved it when he showed them the ball when they booed him. GO RICHO.

Classy stuff mate 8-)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I don't need to be classy. I stayed, respected Hird and Sheedy, but that was embarassing. Essendon were horrid, and you should acknowledge that.

Turnovers were a disgrace. You actually outdid Richmond in skill errors, which is amazing.

Its what Essendon get after stealing the win from Richmond earlier in the year anyway.

I mean FFS, the Tiger cheer squad were chanting "Jimmy Hird, you're a legend" and "Stand up if you love Jimmy"... Essendon fans were just quiet all night.

Probably came to the G expecting the win. That's what they get.

Brett Deledio... what a star. The wing of the MCG should be named after that kid in 10 years.

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
Pretty much spot on...although in my biasness i'd argue that Rutten & Mattner beat Brown...because our other fowards just offered nothing. I can't wait until Bradshaw comes back!!
That's the key. We were one forward short of being a good side this year. And Bradshaw can deffinitely fill that role, he's a superb player. It's credit to Brown though, most of the year he's had 2-3 guys on him, and he's still top of the goalkicking tally. The man is a beast. We'll still make the finals tbh. Its mathematically possible.:ph34r:

pasag

RTDAS
Lol at the last quarter of the Hawks WB game, 9.5 goals to the Hawks to the Bulldogs one point.

Oh and lead +1 (H).

Johnners

That's the key. We were one forward short of being a good side this year. And Bradshaw can deffinitely fill that role, he's a superb player. It's credit to Brown though, most of the year he's had 2-3 guys on him, and he's still top of the goalkicking tally. The man is a beast. We'll still make the finals tbh. Its mathematically possible.:ph34r:
It's still possible, although we'd need the tigers put in another sterling effort and defeat St. Kilda.

R_D

International Debutant

CARN YOU TIGERS!

:laugh: :laugh:

R_D

International Debutant
Lol at the last quarter of the Hawks WB game, 9.5 goals to the Hawks to the Bulldogs one point.

Oh and lead +1 (H).
i hope Doggies play like that next week too...
GO Sydney... murder those Hawks next week.

Johnners

Haha, just noticed Franklin kicked 2.11 yesterday. Does anyone know the record for the most behinds kicked by a single player in 1 game?

Hoggy31

International Captain
Code:
#  Team  Pl   W   L   D    PF    PA  Pt   Perc  
 1  Geelong  22  18   4   0  2506  1652  72  151.6  
 2  Port Adel  22  15   7   0  2312  2038  60  113.4  
 3  West Coast  22  15   7   0  2145  1896  60  113.1  
 5  Kangaroos  22  14   8   0  2141  1990  56  107.5  
 4  Hawthorn  22  13   9   0  2125  1817  52  116.9  
 6  Collingwood  22  13   9   0  2027  2007  52  100.9  
 7  Sydney  22  12   9   1  1993  1726  50  115.4  
 8  Adelaide  22  12  10   0  1896  1728  48  109.7  

9  St Kilda  22  11  10   1  1887  1934  46   97.5  
10  Bris Lions  22   9  11   2  1974  1849  40  106.7  
11  Fremantle  22  10  12   0  2254  2196  40  102.6  
12  Essendon  22  10  12   0  2145  2377  40   90.2  
13  W Bulldogs  22   9  12   1  2103  2427  38   86.6  
14  Melbourne  22   5  17   0  1854  2407  20   77.0  
15  Carlton  22   4  18   0  2156  2875  16   74.9  
16  Richmond  22   3  18   1  1951  2550  14   76.5

[U]Finals:[/U]
Cats vs. Roos
Port vs. Eagles
Hawks vs. Crows
Pies vs. Swans

Hoggy31

International Captain
Code:
David Trotter Hamstring 1 week
Ben Hughes Hamstring 1 week
Michael Firrito Heel Test
Callum Urch Finger Test
Jesse Smith Ankle Available
[B]Nathan Thompson Knee Available[/B]
Interesting, would be a miraculous recovery. If the doctors clear him 100% ok to play, I trust their decision and we should play him. There's going to be a risk involved for the rest of his career, anyway. Would probably have to come in this week to be a chance to hit any sort of form during finals, would be a tough ask for him playing his first proper game in 12 months in a final.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.