• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

You know what really grinds my cricketing gears?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I don't know what you mean tbh, but I don't think it's a big deal that he never ran to the keeper.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
India's Polyester Sweaters

They look cheap and terrible; bring back proper knitted ones. Now this is the sort of think the match referee should be clamping down on...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Andrew Flintoffs celebrations (lack of) in the Ashes 2005, especially in the Old Trafford test when a batsman edged him, the ball ricocheted off Strauss and Geraint pulled off a beauty of a diving catch off the rebound. Everyone ran upto Geraint to celebrate his excellent relfex catch, and Flintoff just stayed where he was, looking upto the heavens like it was his divine right to have the other players flocking upto him. No you egomaniac, show some respect for a wonderful piece of fielding and try running upto the keeper to congratulate him for crying out loud.
Maybe he was saving energy after bowling a lot of overs?

Odd rant tbh
Ind33d. :huh:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ridiculous argument Richard, of course variety helps a bowling attack. Look at South Africa, who won't be always be held back because they don't have a decent spinner and instead rely on four fast medium bowlers.
It helps (though you can get by without it, and SA could and did when they had some seriously, seriously good seamers - Donald, de Villiers, Matthews, Pollock, etc.) obviously but it doesn't turn rubbish attacks into less rubbish ones. A rubbish spinner is no more than a rubbish seamer.

Swervy

International Captain
Just because you do doesn't mean everyone does! :laugh: Most people love facing crap left-armers every bit as much as crap right-armers.
I still wonder whether you have played this game at any level above 'throwing a piece of crap at a matchbox in a sandpit' level

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well I have.

And more significantly, I've watched loads of it too.

And I assure you - crap bowlers are crap bowlers whatever arm they bowl with.

Swervy

International Captain
Well I have.

And more significantly, I've watched loads of it too.

And I assure you - crap bowlers are crap bowlers whatever arm they bowl with.
Well I can assure you that I have bigger problems with average left arm bolwers than I do good right arm bowlers.

Where does that play on your highlights reel Richard:)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You're a strange batsman.

I assure you, $achin Tendulkar will have far more problem with James Anderson than Robert Woodman.

Swervy

International Captain
You're a strange batsman.

I assure you, $achin Tendulkar will have far more problem with James Anderson than Robert Woodman.
oh right, so you are telling me that I am a strange batsman because I dont like facing the type of bowler I dont normally face. Ok, try tellin that to most of the cricketers I have ever spoken to or played with, and I am talking about batsmen who have the abilty to sweep Shane Warne for 6 or play Jason Gillespie circa 1991 fairly well, so they arent mugs at a ameteur level

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
oh right, so you are telling me that I am a strange batsman because I dont like facing the type of bowler I dont normally face. Ok, try tellin that to most of the cricketers I have ever spoken to or played with, and I am talking about batsmen who have the abilty to sweep Shane Warne for 6 or play Jason Gillespie circa 1991 fairly well, so they arent mugs at a ameteur level
Can't say it's something I've come across much of, frankly. And yeah, I've spoken to some decent players too, if not quite any who played against Angus Fraser or Darren Gough.

short shorts

School Boy/Girl Captain
The entire "India is stupid for playing two wicket keepers" thing.

No, you retards, India is not playing two wicketkeepers. India is playing a keeper (Dhoni) and a batsman (Karthik) who happens to be preferred to another batsman (Yuvraj). the fact that Karthik also used to keep wickets is purely incidental. Team players are defined by what roles they are chosen to play in the team, not what they are capable of. Next thing, we'll be hearing the retards claim India is/was playing 3 keepers in the test side and 4 keepers in the ODI side since Dravid and Uthappa can also keep.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The entire "India is stupid for playing two wicket keepers" thing.

No, you retards, India is not playing two wicketkeepers. India is playing a keeper (Dhoni) and a batsman (Karthik) who happens to be preferred to another batsman (Yuvraj). the fact that Karthik also used to keep wickets is purely incidental. Team players are defined by what roles they are chosen to play in the team, not what they are capable of. Next thing, we'll be hearing the retards claim India is/was playing 3 keepers in the test side and 4 keepers in the ODI side since Dravid and Uthappa can also keep.
Look, we were having a discussion. Calling one side a ****** in another thread is very poor. 8-)