• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dhoni's keeping was been fairly ordinary today, wouldn't surprise me if he fails with the bat that Yuvraj would come into the side.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Didn't say it wasn't a crap session. The original post said "not the worst session", which is true. Could have been a hell of a lot worse. The way they started, there could have been an extra 20/30 runs on there. Now that would have been the worst session.
But unless the other side hit a six off every ball in the session, it could 'always be worse.' With all things considered, against a Test team, its about as bad as you can expect and that dropped catch was just icing.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
When I saw RP Singh bowl in Bangladesh he was consistenly getting around or over 140kph (87mph+). Any reason as to why his pace is a good 5mph down?.
He always looks within himself when he bowls, he realises that accuracy is more important than pace when you are under 90mph. The slope at Lords is probably affecting his straight lines which means his weight is going in a different direction rather than straight at the batsman.

andyc

Off Topic.

Why Mark Waugh was given the name "Afghanistan"

Having an argument with some guy on another forum , he says the name came before Mark made his debut while I think it was given to him much later in his career.

Anyone?
I always thought it was because he was "the forgotten Waugh/war", so it must have been before his test debut.
Cricinfo says he got called it in the 80s, so it was definitely before his test debut.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Probably they bought the rights with the intention of more people getting the channel.
ESPN/STAR have the rights to many India matches out of the subcontinent. They started a channel called STAR Cricket, which started showing warm-up matches and is now showing the Test series. Nobody's getting this channel.

Perm

Good shot by Strauss, but Zaheer should have stopped it. The fielding is so dire.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah, the RP Singh one dispatched for four.

I am beginning to get severely unimpressed with Zaheer Khan, his fielding is poor and his bowling is uninspiring. I think Bose may well be in line for a game.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
I am beginning to get severely unimpressed with Zaheer Khan, his fielding is poor and his bowling is uninspiring. I think Bose may well be in line for a game.
That's sure-shot Russian Roulette. Given that Bose hasn't played much outside India or against visiting teams, and his fielding isn't any better, you may just have to think again.

Perm

Consecutive boundaries for Vaughan, wouldn't mind seeing RP get a rest. Bring back Zaheer, see how well he can support Sreesanth.