• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England

R_D

International Debutant
Looking at the commentary, it seems like the Indians were on the receiving end of several bad decisions. Sreesanth seemed to find a little rhythm and RP Singh did alright apparently but Bose had a poor outing. Good to see Laxman among the runs but Jaffer is doing his thing again.
Soon as it looks like he's about to be dropped i'm sure he'll somehow find a way to score a century bit like Laxman,

Decent effort in the end i gues.... Yuvraj and Dhoni's batting must be bit of worry for the team.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Not really, evident from the performance of the 3rd and 4th innings, the pitch detiorated quite a lot towards the end.

adharcric

International Coach
Jaffer, Gambhir, Dravid, Tendulkar, Ganguly, Yuvraj, Dhoni, Kumble/Powar, Zaheer, Sreesanth, Ishant against England A, IMO. Gambhir and Jaffer to battle for the opener's spot and Yuvraj and Dhoni to battle for #7. Good idea to promote Yuvraj and Dhoni up the order, perhaps. One question - play Kumble again or give Powar some time in case we need to field two spinners at some point in the tour?

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Jaffer, Gambhir, Dravid, Tendulkar, Ganguly, Yuvraj, Dhoni, Kumble/Powar, Zaheer, Sreesanth, Ishant against England A, IMO. Gambhir and Jaffer to battle for the opener's spot and Yuvraj and Dhoni to battle for #7. Good idea to promote Yuvraj and Dhoni up the order, perhaps. One question - play Kumble again or give Powar some time in case we need to field two spinners at some point in the tour?
Laxman missing?:blink:

adharcric

International Coach
Laxman missing?:blink:
Laxman and Karthik have already secured a place for the 1st Test. Jaffer, Gambhir, Yuvraj and Dhoni are all on the edge, while Ganguly and Tendulkar need to see some action. Either Dravid or Laxman should sit this one out.

Beleg

International Regular
So tell me if I missed something but...Pakistan came to the tour of the British Isles and left....without playing a single international game?

sohummisra

U19 Debutant
Pretty average performance by the Indians, once again relying on Kumble to take most of the wickets. Disappointing for Yuvraj and Dhoni, both of them needed runs in this game.
That's to be expected. Our bowling will be carried heavily on the shoulders of Kumble and we have to hope that the others can chip in with a wicket here and there. Can't really get experienced bowlers out of domestic cricket. :blink:

sohummisra

U19 Debutant
So tell me if I missed something but...Pakistan came to the tour of the British Isles and left....without playing a single international game?
It seemed pretty out-of-sorts two just come for two games anyway. Wasn't much weather to enjoy either. :happy:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That's to be expected. Our bowling will be carried heavily on the shoulders of Kumble and we have to hope that the others can chip in with a wicket here and there. Can't really get experienced bowlers out of domestic cricket. :blink:
Eh? Domestic cricket should build experience. I realise that Kumble is likely to carry the bowling, but I thought that Zaheer and Sreesanth would have bowled better than they did. It's unhealthy to expect Kumble to get most of the wickets because your other bowlers can't.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Eh? Domestic cricket should build experience. I realise that Kumble is likely to carry the bowling, but I thought that Zaheer and Sreesanth would have bowled better than they did. It's unhealthy to expect Kumble to get most of the wickets because your other bowlers can't.
Zaheer (alongside Sachin) was rested against Sussex.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Without, in fact, playing a single game.

Crazy sort of tour, really.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Can't see any point picking Kumble again myself, like Laxman the only need of the hour was to ease him into the fray, he was always a cert for the Test.

Hope Tendulkar plays, obviously (he'd be the only way a crowd would even have a chance of turning-up) and hope Yuvraj and Dhoni both get runs so Dhoni gets picked, but is always under pressure. :)

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Leave Kumble out, he's a certainty to start and it wouldn't do too much harm to give Powar a trot because he may be required later.

sohummisra

U19 Debutant
I meant to say experience at the highest level. We have no one going around but Agarkar and Zaheer who've played international cricket for a while, and neither of them have been extremely successful. It may be unhealthy, but we don't really have an option. We'll have to get the conditions in our favor and a couple of good spells but I think it will mostly be a supporting act for Kumble after the ball becomes old.