• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

JBMAC

State Captain
I am confused:wacko: Are we trying to name the first Tasi to captain Aust in a Test Match?

Becasue I have never heard of Gatehouse or Butler playing for Aust. I think Burn would be Kenny Burn who was picked as a WK but had never kept wicket in his life:laugh:

Anyway I will still have a guess and say Eady
Not Eady...other members of that side includedHale, Harris and Kendall.

JBMAC

State Captain
Tom Kendall I have heard of, but not those other lads, I will have to give it some thought:wacko:
TEAM

J.G.Davies[capt],E.J.K.Burn,E.H.Butler,G.H.Gatehouse,H.Hale,H.V.P.Harris,T.K.Kendall,R.G.Kirby,
J.Mansfield,G.F.Read,L.R.Sams, W.L.Sidebottom

JBMAC

State Captain
This was a Tasmanian team and not an Australian one though mate
Actually that is interesting Fiery as both "Austarlian First Class Cricket and The Illustrated history of first class cricket in Australia" show the headlines as "Australian Side to Tour New Zealand"..will follow that one up and let you know.

Fiery

Banned
Actually that is interesting Fiery as both "Austarlian First Class Cricket and The Illustrated history of first class cricket in Australia" show the headlines as "Australian Side to Tour New Zealand"..will follow that one up and let you know.
Righto, try Cricinfo.com ;)