• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

JBMAC

State Captain
The Hatrick is the most coveted reward for a bowler in any form of the game.Spofforth took the first Test Hatrick,Bates the second ...So 1.Who took the third?
2.Who did he play for?
3.What year?
4.Where was it played?

Fiery

Banned
The Hatrick is the most coveted reward for a bowler in any form of the game.Spofforth took the first Test Hatrick,Bates the second ...So 1.Who took the third?
2.Who did he play for?
3.What year?
4.Where was it played?
Johnny Briggs? England, Ashes 1891/92, SCG

JBMAC

State Captain
Johnny Briggs? England, Ashes 1891/92, SCG
That was quick.that is correct..As a left arm leggie played 33 tests between 1884 and 1899..Took 118 wickets at an average of 17.75..(9 times he took 5 for in an innings and 4 times he took 10 for in a match]

BTW...Who is the ratbag sheila??

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Mongs as in the offencive term of Downs syndrome people?
I understand where you're coming from, and why you've called him up on it, but what both of you've effectively done is helped the trolls who blockaded this thread earlier. This thread's been slowed for long enough by the spam, so can we get back to the quizing please?

Cheers. :)

JBMAC

State Captain
In the 1911/12 Ashes tour of Australia Pelham Warner was Captain.However he fell ill...The question "Who took over the Captaincy reins from Warner for the remainder of the tour?

JBMAC

State Captain
Since this has sat vacant for two days now:-

Ricky Ponting proudly claims the fact he comes from Tasmania in Australia.He is not the first Captain of Australia to come from that State.QUESTION:-

Who was the first?

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
No not Joe Darling..He did not tour NZ until the 1896/96 series with Trott as the Captain..and if I am correct[from memory] Darling was from South Australia..correct me if i am wrong.
Actually I'm prepared to back ArchieMac in on this one - I'm sure it was Darling.

archie mac

International Coach
No not Joe Darling..He did not tour NZ until the 1896/96 series with Trott as the Captain..and if I am correct[from memory] Darling was from South Australia..correct me if i am wrong.
Yes true, I think he retired there when he finished Test cricket, but I could think of no other captains born in Tasi:laugh:

archie mac

International Coach
HINT-

Team consisted of Burn,Butler and Gatehouse to name just a few. Played 7 matches,won 2,lost 3 and drew 2.
I am confused:wacko: Are we trying to name the first Tasi to captain Aust in a Test Match?

Becasue I have never heard of Gatehouse or Butler playing for Aust. I think Burn would be Kenny Burn who was picked as a WK but had never kept wicket in his life:laugh:

Anyway I will still have a guess and say Eady