• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England

Nishant

International 12th Man
Wow....there was certainly some tension developing in this thread...but it looks like its calming down now...the bottom line is that although this was quite a dire debate... i think Turd and gunner started something good here.

Turd was just having some fun and brought out the passion that was required for an india-pak game...at least it was better than the whole ' Once-again-there-are-too-many-ODIs" argument that had been going on previously. Its gonna be a cracker of a game( well...it better be...its gonna take me like 7hrs to get frm london to glasgow...so it better be worth it!)

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I probably shouldn't have actually quoted your post - as I said above, I was making reference to the silly debate that was developing rather than your post specifically, which actually had a lot more purpose than a lot of the other posts prior to it. I only quoted yours because it was the last in a long run of posts that were really leading nowhere.

Anyway, I'm not about to get myself into a silly argument about how silly another silly argument was, so I'll leave it at that.
8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow....there was certainly some tension developing in this thread...but it looks like its calming down now...the bottom line is that although this was quite a dire debate... i think Turd and gunner started something good here.

Turd was just having some fun and brought out the passion that was required for an india-pak game...at least it was better than the whole ' Once-again-there-are-too-many-ODIs" argument that had been going on previously. Its gonna be a cracker of a game( well...it better be...its gonna take me like 7hrs to get frm london to glasgow...so it better be worth it!)
Haha, yea exactly :).

gunner

U19 Cricketer
well if its anything like the 2004 edgbaston game you should get your moneys worth

me,

i'll be watching it on ptv in pakistan

R_D

International Debutant
Yeah, for sure. India all the way - they're a way better country than Pakistan, who shouldn't even bother trying. Top debate this is.
dire
No one was discussing whether India's a better country or Pakistan.
Who are you to set what we should debate or not anyway.. no offence but we can chose to debate whatever we like as long as no forum rules are broken. If you don't find it interesting or whatever don't bother replying.. simple, there are plenty of other threads in here where you can choose post.

dire
Who are you to set what we should debate or not anyway.. no offence but we can chose to debate whatever we like as long as no forum rules are broken. If you don't find it interesting or whatever don't bother replying.. simple, there are plenty of other threads in here where you can choose post.
India are a great country!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
dire
The discussion quite clearly centred around that and to deny it would be silly. There was not much but repeated India-Pakistan-this-that-no-that-this, blah-blah-ils.

Can't go anywhere fast IMO.

The discussion quite clearly centred around that and to deny it would be silly. There was not much but repeated India-Pakistan-this-that-no-that-this, blah-blah-ils.

so are you saying that you dont like india or pakistan...you are offending my country. Are you racist or what?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
so are you saying that you dont like india or pakistan...you are offending my country. Are you racist or what?
Haha, WTF? I'm saying that debate between Indians and Pakistanis over this match, that match, etc. is utterly pointless because you can always bring-up something different if you want to go into India-vs-Pakistan cricket history.

This struck me as being very degenerative.

Haha, WTF? I'm saying that debate between Indians and Pakistanis over this match, that match, etc. is utterly pointless because you can always bring-up something different if you want to go into India-vs-Pakistan cricket history.

This struck me as being very degenerative.
if we are not going to talk about cricket and its history, why dont we all just switch off our laptops and go home.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Not the best way to start your first day @ work. Please dont use the 'R' word so easily without actually knowing the members.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
if we are not going to talk about cricket and its history, why dont we all just switch off our laptops and go home.
You know perfectly well what I mean - there's no point saying "India are better because of this match"; "no, Pakistan are better because of this one" which was what was happening. Discussion of matches is fine but just picking-out more and more examples to try and say the exact same thing isn't.

R_D

International Debutant

The discussion wasn't so much about who's the better country rather trying to educate gunner a bit about the past results. WHer's he thinks that when Pakistan beats india its a battering and when India wins its by pure luck.