• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
well in a way you just returned the favour

hardly record breaking is it
we beat you 4 straight matches in your back yard

you did the same to us 1 year later

only difference was we actually battered you in 2005
Well nah, we kinda battered you last year too. And I am talking about the latest series, why talk about something that happened even before that. And plus if you wanna' talk about past years... forgetting the WC and the 2003-2004 series ;)?

Anyways, don't wanna get into this cuz it'll just be a pointless arguement :). I'll talk after we win this game :p.

R_D

International Debutant
well in a way you just returned the favour

hardly record breaking is it
we beat you 4 straight matches in your back yard

you did the same to us 1 year later

only difference was we actually battered you in 2005
you are right... pakistan battered india in india and India did likewise.
Anyway, can never have enough of ind v Pak matches... how long before they start playing in Aus :p
thats the only downpart of living in Aus .

gunner

U19 Cricketer
Anyway, can never have enough of ind v Pak matches... how long before they start playing in Aus :p
well the carlton unites series was good in 99

gunner

U19 Cricketer
fact is india had a full strength bowling attack who were torn to shreds by afridi in 4 straight matches.

while pakistan had 2 main bowlers injured in the 2006 series

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
fact is india had a full strength bowling attack who were torn to shreds by afridi in 4 straight matches.
4 Straight matches ? Please list them. I also want to know how Afridi tore attacks 4 Straight times.

while pakistan had 2 main bowlers injured in the 2006 series

Md. Sami isn't Pakistan's main bowler, Shoaib may be but he is always unfit. I dont think it mattered coz in 2004 India won the ODI series with those two main bowlers in the team.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
4 Straight matches ? Please list them. I also want to know how Afridi tore attacks 4 Straight times.

Md. Sami isn't Pakistan's main bowler, Shoaib may be but he is always unfit. I dont think it mattered coz in 2004 India won the ODI series with those two main bowlers in the team.
Yeah, for sure. India all the way - they're a way better country than Pakistan, who shouldn't even bother trying. Top debate this is.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
India - Pak match just days away and an India - Pak series months away, but you can already sense the tension :laugh: .

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah, for sure. India all the way - they're a way better country than Pakistan, who shouldn't even bother trying. Top debate this is.

tbh, though turb started it, gunner's posts have been rather silly. And I don't understand y u r finding fault with Sanz here. I can't see what wrong he has done.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
u said this. and then,

Quite silly on both sides IMO.

ur initial post didn't seem that way.

Leaving that aside, again, since gunner started, the Indian guys here have been responding to him. U may say that responding to him was silly, but the responses themselves weren't silly, IMO.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
u said this. and then,

ur initial post didn't seem that way.

Leaving that aside, again, since gunner started, the Indian guys here have been responding to him. U may say that responding to him was silly, but the responses themselves weren't silly, IMO.
I replied to the most recent post in the debate. If gunner had posted it, I would have said the exact opposite.

Anyway, my post wasn't really neccessary, however neither was the whole dire debate. Debating certain series, certain players etc, is obviously great, however it seemed to be heading in a "my country is better than your country" way which is obviously not.

gunner

U19 Cricketer
actually i didnt start it,
someone else said india gonna kick some pakistani "butt"
now any pakistani would reply to that.

if you guys cant hack it then dont dish it out

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
:blink:

Holy smokes can't believe some of you actually took me seriously. It was a light hearted comment, just to spice things up a bit. And notice the butt in italics (as in salman butt), pretty sure that must've given it away that I was just having a bit of fun.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Hahaha at this whole thing, really - I've skipped most of it as there's not that much more tiresome than a "India >>>> Pakistan" "No it's not, Pakistan >>>> India!" etc. etc. but I've got the gist.

As Rob said - very tiresome, really. It can go on forever and get nowhere.

(And no Marc for a "oh, the irony" comment :D)

gunner

U19 Cricketer
:blink:

Holy smokes can't believe some of you actually took me seriously. It was a light hearted comment, just to spice things up a bit. And notice the butt in italics (as in salman butt), pretty sure that must've given it away that I was just having a bit of fun.
so was i,

but others took it too seriously

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I only asked gunner (who IMO has a habit of making silly posts) when Afridi tore Indian attacks 4 straight times and also pointing to him that India had won against Pak with Shoaib in the team, so his argument that India won because Pakistan were without 2 of their main bowlers wasn't a valid one.

Please dont make silly assumptions about me and my posts. This is the second time you have done it in last two days. Please moderate the thread/Forum responsibly.

Just for the record - I dont think India is a better country than Pakistan on the contrary I genuinly believe that Pakistan is a way better country than India and this is based on by reading about the country, hearing about it from fellow pakistanis, lurking around many pakistani forums etc etc.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I only asked gunner (who IMO has a habit of making silly posts) when Afridi tore Indian attacks 4 straight times and also pointing to him that India had won against Pak with Shoaib in the team, so his argument that India won because Pakistan were without 2 of their main bowlers wasn't a valid one.

Please dont make silly assumptions about me and my posts. This is the second time you have done it in last two days. Please moderate the thread/Forum responsibly.

Just for the record - I dont think India is a better country than Pakistan on the contrary I genuinly believe that Pakistan is a way better country than India and this is based on by reading about the country, hearing about it from fellow pakistanis, lurking around many pakistani forums etc etc.
I probably shouldn't have actually quoted your post - as I said above, I was making reference to the silly debate that was developing rather than your post specifically, which actually had a lot more purpose than a lot of the other posts prior to it. I only quoted yours because it was the last in a long run of posts that were really leading nowhere.

Anyway, I'm not about to get myself into a silly argument about how silly another silly argument was, so I'll leave it at that.

gunner

U19 Cricketer
Are you a pakistani or an indian?