• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** West Indies in England***

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Plunkers and GBH both practised on the square apparently. The Windies have made an official complaint.

Amateur hour8-)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It's unreal, isn't it. I know he's young, but he does do this for a living.

Gus Fraser's restraint on TMS is a wonder to behold.
Comparisons to Devon Malcolm are on on Sky.

But was he seriously THIS bad? I can't believe it, myself, I've NEVER seen anything this awful, even in domestic cricket. I've done it myself, many times, but I expect it there.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I never thaught id ever say this and ill probably need rehab but.... Saj mahmood is better than this
He bowls less wides, tbf. Shame he's unavailable.
And there's the problem. Harmison really shouldn't be anywhere near the side, but serious contenders aren't immediately obvious in the CC. Anderson's doing not a lot, and Broad only just returned from injury. With the next test starting in 7 days time, I'm struggling to say who I'd pick with any confidence.

Listening to this, it's so frustrating. Plunkett's bowled a whole pile of tripe, yet when he gets a couple of balls right, the batsman didn't have a clue.

Benny2k1

U19 12th Man
Thank god we are playing a West Indies side in a rebuilding side, god knows what lara would have done to this attack

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
He bowls less wides, tbf. Shame he's unavailable.
And there's the problem. Harmison really shouldn't be anywhere near the side, but serious contenders aren't immediately obvious in the CC. Anderson's doing not a lot, and Broad only just returned from injury. With the next test starting in 7 days time, I'm struggling to say who I'd pick with any confidence.

Listening to this, it's so frustrating. Plunkett's bowled a whole pile of tripe, yet when he gets a couple of balls right, the batsman didn't have a clue.
FFS, Dominic Cork or Glen Chapple would be better than those 2.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Comparisons to Devon Malcolm are on on Sky.

But was he seriously THIS bad? I can't believe it, myself, I've NEVER seen anything this awful, even in domestic cricket. I've done it myself, many times, but I expect it there.
No, nothing like. There were a lot of days when he didn't really threaten, and he allowed the batsmen to leave more than he should, but at least he looked like a professional bowler.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Plunkers bowling a bit better last over, there's a good bowler in there somewhere. I just wish he'd play a bit more in county cricket, and learn a bit more consistency in line and length.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I really wish someone else was doing today's report, TBH... I can only see WI messing this up, and in that eventuality I'll struggle to avoid at some point saying something along the lines of "some of the worst bowling you could possibly wish to see was somehow outdone by some batting which allowed it to get wickets".

Benny2k1

U19 12th Man
I really wish someone else was doing today's report, TBH... I can only see WI messing this up, and in that eventuality I'll struggle to avoid at some point saying something along the lines of "some of the worst bowling you could possibly wish to see was somehow outdone by some batting which allowed it to get wickets".

England were poor, West Indies poorer?

Benny2k1

U19 12th Man
And an additional moan.....when hoggard is back i would bet that he comes in for sidebottom, Im sure the theory is we will keep playing Harmison till he gets it right and Plunkett until he learns!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
And an additional moan.....when hoggard is back i would bet that he comes in for sidebottom, Im sure the theory is we will keep playing Harmison till he gets it right and Plunkett until he learns!
It's because the ECB is so blatantly biased in favour of Northerners. 8-)

(Note sarcasm there)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Easier to do a **** report that gets posted than do one that doesn't get on the site and get a ****ocking from the boss, TBH.

Anyway, how the hell was I to know what ****e was gonna be served-up today?