• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** West Indies in England***

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If truth be told.

And thanks. :) Yours was perfectly good, I should probably add, just mine had to be a bit more lengthy.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
If truth be told.

And thanks. :) Yours was perfectly good, I should probably add, just mine had to be a bit more lengthy.
I think you should read my post again :D.

In all seriousness, just read yours, tis very good, nice use of vocabulary.

simmy

International Regular
I second what Manee said.

The England batting order at the moment (with Tres in place of Strauss for mine) is a very very exciting proposition. Everyone is scoring runs and go about it in their own way.

Bell was fantastic yet again today.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Balanced well. I thought at the start of the day that if was bowling that 250 would be the target and that Id hope to be batting by the end of the day.

If England make 350 they are miles ahead of what I would think was a par 1st innings score on that track.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I was quite surprised to see how much the West Indies came back into this game actually, but it's excellent to see a bit more of a contest. Let's hope Ian Bell can grind out another 23 runs.

Scaly piscine

Patetic, go around slagging off everyone you do to their face, lets see if you'd be so forthcoming.

It was cowardly, he was backing away in fear at the previous ball. He then was so worried about his own lil girl-self, he let a straight ball clean him up.

Not a Test-class number eight. I'd rather saj play for batting and bowling.

To repeat GUTLESS.
I would be forthcoming, when you've nearly died twice and had all the ailments I've had you are not short of guts. Fortunately I also happen to have a clue what I'm talking about when I open my mouth - not something one could accuse you of. I already stated it's often a subconscious mechanic when you shuffle away to leg. I was doing it myself in the nets - it was bizarre I'd see this tall guy bowl a straight half volley and by the time I hit it my legs were about two foot down leg. As for Plunkett he barely moved down leg at all - he just played completely down the wrong line because he was on the back foot to a ball that swung and because Edwards was too quick for him on that wicket.

Now if you want to keep on being moronic that's up to you, I couldn't give a toss because I'll just stick you on ignore with Teflon Richard over there.

gunner

U19 Cricketer
That 50th over by edwards was the best over i have seen this year

collingwood was getting battered there

Perm

That 50th over by edwards was the best over i have seen this year

collingwood was getting battered there
I've just seen a replay of that over, some very good bouncers in there. Accurate as well, which is unusual from Edwards.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
The list claims another benefactor...
I would be forthcoming, when you've nearly died twice and had all the ailments I've had you are not short of guts. Fortunately I also happen to have a clue what I'm talking about when I open my mouth - not something one could accuse you of. I already stated it's often a subconscious mechanic when you shuffle away to leg. I was doing it myself in the nets - it was bizarre I'd see this tall guy bowl a straight half volley and by the time I hit it my legs were about two foot down leg. As for Plunkett he barely moved down leg at all - he just played completely down the wrong line because he was on the back foot to a ball that swung and because Edwards was too quick for him on that wicket.

Now if you want to keep on being moronic that's up to you, I couldn't give a toss because I'll just stick you on ignore with Teflon Richard over there.
He is actually right Richard about Plunkett being gutless. Just wasn't good enough to play the delivery.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
He is actually right Richard about Plunkett being gutless. Just wasn't good enough to play the delivery.
I actually don't think he was gutless, indeed as you say simply not good enough - but I was simply referring to you-know-who's big iggy list getting another incredibly lucky member who won't have to worry about someone posting crap in response to their posts.

grecian

Umm, it was me who said "gutless", really wish I hadn't tbh:blink:

Have to say that, even though I'm fully behind richard getting the blame :p

simmy

International Regular
Really frustrated that Edwards wasnt picked in the last two tests. Admittedly, he didnt bring the house down, but at least there is someone with some fight, pace and makes something happen.

Good to see England have to work and test themselves. I honestly never thought Monty would get a bat this series... ah well.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Umm, it was me who said "gutless", really wish I hadn't tbh:blink:

Have to say that, even though I'm fully behind richard getting the blame :p
He's pretty moderate, that Xavier Rose - if he was blaming me it was nothing too harsh.