• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** West Indies in England***

atisha_ro

U19 12th Man
the pitch was "hard-rock" :) and it showed. the windian bowlers had trouble with byes at the beginning, it seemed too bouncy even for them. when they got used it began to show, as at least two wickets came from crazy bouncers which got the batsmen shooting the ball high by reflex of defending their heads. by the third session things began to settle. will be interesting to see the pitch in the first hour of play today.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Was at the ground yesterday after exams, pretty dull stuff (even though the windies showed some fight) compared to when the mighty Australians were in town, but its all good..

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I bet scaly piscine was liking the Scrabble theme that was incorporated as part of the introduction to Day Two.

Perm

My apologies then. I didnt mean to go on an all out attack against you, and perhaps part of the reaction was prompted by having just broken up with my girlfriend today. I do not however like it when people disrespect me by bringing up false information, and i am certain that you are aware that you were doing so.Nonetheless, If at all there was anything productive from that argument, im glad i at least amused you.
Sorry to hear about that mate, but I'm pleased you admitted you were wrong in over-reacting to Gelman's posts. It's all in the past now :)

Woodster

International Captain
I too hope Bell completes his ton today, will be interesting to see how he bats with the tail this morning, whether he ups the ante himself from the off and takes one or two risks or is happy to just rotate the strike, then throw the bat when we're down to the last wicket. Lets see if he can dominate an attack, technically we know he is excellent.

Perm

I'd say Bell will place a decent amount of trust in Steve Harmison, who has shown that he knows how to hold a bat in the past. He'll probably lift the tempo a little bit but I don't think he'll start to take too many risks until England are 9 down.

Woodster

International Captain
Invariably though, things are left a little too late with only a wicket remaining. That doesn't mean to say I disagree with you mind. Few last wicket partnerships register anything worthwhile, there are obviously cases where that has not been the case.

What does help is that if Bell is not overly aggressive, Harmison will certainly help speed things along.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Brave effort by Harmison, tbf. I wonder how long it will take Bell to get his eye in. There's no point our bowlers taking a hammering if there's no progress at the other end.

Woodster

International Captain
He's had a fair old peppering Harmison, will be quite relieved he managed to get a glove on that short ball from Edwards!

grecian

Edwards has been good to watch this match. Really hostile bowling. I'm looking forward to Harmison bowling on this.

Odds against Bell getting his 100 here ATM.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Just takes a couple of strokes.

Genuine LOL at the Gelman-tec thing too. And more than ever what with me being me and my history. :) Soz to hear about tec and his ex-gf, tho.

simmy

International Regular
tbh.. that was a pretty awesome knock from Harmison, given his batting prowess and the bowling of Edwards.

Good watching. I feel for Monty... he will get hit a LOT.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Edwards has been good to watch this match. Really hostile bowling. I'm looking forward to Harmison bowling on this.

Odds against Bell getting his 100 here ATM.
Not unless he steps up a couple of gears. He did a great job yesterday, but today he seems incapable of more than the occasional nudge or nurdle.

EDIT
Sure enough, he's just taken a couple of fours off Edwards. Cue the onslaught?

PY

International Coach
Bell's got to reach the hundred then start firing up, no point leaving bowlers on Edwards' radar for too long as it could end in disaster!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'd honestly like to see Bell get his century then the last 2 get knocked-over instantly - we need to be bowling ASAP IMO.