• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** West Indies in England***

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Not the first time Cook's got bogged down & got out after easy picking against the new ball. Sounds like a bit of a gift if crickbuzz are to be believed.

pasag

RTDAS
Just people in general, TBH. Space's comment in this post sums-up what everyone'll be saying at the end of today, you mark my words. Seen it near enough every time he gets out cheaply before. Get totally sick of it.
On a side note, occasionally bump into a post before mid-2005 in my trips through the archives and TEC's categorical assertions that KP would fail and ruin England are quite hilarious.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Not good, given that it actually matters today.
Most fielders in the past have shown no bias between difficult and simple, important and no-so-important, or anything else for that matter.

Collingwood has simply been very lucky in the last 2 years.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
On a side note, occasionally bump into a post before mid-2005 in my trips through the archives and TEC's categorical assertions that KP would fail and ruin England are quite hilarious.
TBF to him, though, he was probably right about Strauss.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Not the first time Cook's got bogged down & got out after easy picking against the new ball. Sounds like a bit of a gift if crickbuzz are to be believed.
What's odd is that there are also plenty of times where he's started slow against the new-ball and kept going slow.

Maybe he's best if the new-ball bowlers get it right? :unsure:

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Would have liked Samuels to play to have that option of spin. Certainly don't want Chanderpaul bowling if Gayle can't bowl.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well I've enjoyed this, tbh. The Windies have bowled disciplined lines and tested the England batsmen, who have played rash shots when bogged down.Pressure has caused the wickets, bad shots, but still down to the bowlers imho. Apart from Sidebottom this has been the only controlled pace bowling we've seen in this series, and it makes for blessed relief.

Scaly piscine

Collingwood has simply been very lucky in the last 2 years.
Which you've never even gotten close to substantiating, it's another of your 'luck' excuses you use for players you don't rate but end up doing well - McGrath being another one of many.

Go shovel your manure on the roses where it'll be appreciated.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
True, but there were other posters who thought KP would be a failure. Fuller for one.

I guess the way in which TEC expresses himself however always put him up for mocking, considering he often puts forward his future predictions as fact.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Which you've never even gotten close to substantiating, it's another of your 'luck' excuses you use for players you don't rate but end up doing well - McGrath being another one of many.

Go shovel your manure on the roses where it'll be appreciated.
Try not to convey your complete lack of understanding of what I've said and what I haven't said.

Actually, no, you're more than welcome to convey it, really.

Scaly piscine

Try not to convey your complete lack of understanding of what I've said and what I haven't said.

Actually, no, you're more than welcome to convey it, really.
Try not to convey that you don't know what day it is, let alone your complete lack of knowledge of cricket.