• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** West Indies in England***

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Well played Cook, it'd be nice to see him go on and make a big century and show that he can go on once he's hit three figures.

Strauss looks pretty depressed whenever they show him on tv.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
With good reason, too. He can't last too much longer, especially if Trescothick is up for a swift return.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Right, back to work for me :(

Still, a good morning for us, hopefully the afternoon follows a similar path :D

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I'm surprised that Ganga didn't give Gayle an over at Cook after what happened at this stage of the Headingley game. He couldn't have been less threatening than Sammy, tbs.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Jesus, some commentators are poor sometimes. That was one hell of a delivery, and the best they can do is "it came back a bit".

:blink:

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
It was a decent delivery but a false stroke from Vaughan who went at the ball too hard. A forward defensive would have been the perfect shot to play to that delivery.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
Five runs off five overs since lunch - can the Windies keep it up? (and save IT Botham's blushes - he wanted us to field - but then he was a crap captain, wasn't he?) Another point - as I've wrote before I'd keepTresco for the ODI team only - what I don't want is a repeat of last year when he played at home and he left us in the lurch in the winter.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
It is just me or is David Lloyd obsessed with "pace" and what "pace" a bowler is bowling at. His continuous moaning of the medium pacers and the fact that he really wants Edwards back into the attack when he has bowled 5 overs for 30 is baffling. All because Edwards has "pace".

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
Hmm that's a shame considering Scotland managed to beat the Faroe Islands, that's like your own cup final really isn't it?
I can't resist saying that Scotland have beaten France in our group, while England have only beaten the full "might" of Andorra (twice), Maceadonia and Estonia...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It was a decent delivery but a false stroke from Vaughan who went at the ball too hard. A forward defensive would have been the perfect shot to play to that delivery.
There's no sense in trying to defend a ball of a line to miss off-stump. Even if he'd tried, he'd quite possibly have missed it anyway.