• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** West Indies in England***

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It is just me or is David Lloyd obsessed with "pace" and what "pace" a bowler is bowling at. His continuous moaning of the medium pacers and the fact that he really wants Edwards back into the attack when he has bowled 5 overs for 30 is baffling. All because Edwards has "pace".
Edwards has that "a bit of something else" with his round-arm action too, though. Yes, he's bowled distinctly averagely so far, but it's not like he never looked remotely threatening even while going at a-run-a-ball.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
From what I can glean the bowling's been a mixed bag today?
Suppose so, really. You'd expect a few decent balls in this weather and on this pitch, though.

I'd have backed Ambrose, Bishop and Walsh to have us 5 ot 6 down by now, TBH.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Similar to the 1st 2 tests - they completely wasted the new ball and allowed England to get off to a flyer. The change bowlers have slowed things down considerably.
Suppose so, really. You'd expect a few decent balls in this weather and on this pitch, though.

I'd have backed Ambrose, Bishop and Walsh to have us 5 ot 6 down by now, TBH.
Hmm ok. What I expected pretty much.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Pietersen didnt look up for it today, seemed to want to hit everything for 4 rather than just build an innings like in the last test :@

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Being caught at deep square leg doesn't sound too smart at this stage of his innings. Still, if anyone's entitled to mess up occasionally, I suppose it's KP.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You can't expect Pietersen to score every time.

****ing ridiculous the way some people do. FFS, he's scored a century that couldn't have been more what-was-required if he tried, and a double-century which, even with a no-ball let-off, ended with 200 without a hint of a chance in his last 2 innings.

People really do like to jump on him. 8-)

pasag

RTDAS
You can't expect Pietersen to score every time.

****ing ridiculous the way some people do. FFS, he's scored a century that couldn't have been more what-was-required if he tried, and a double-century which, even with a no-ball let-off, ended with 200 without a hint of a chance in his last 2 innings.

People really do like to jump on him. 8-)
Can't see anyone saying anything otherwise, besides maybe a single post. Unless your talking about the commentators.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
Two for Collymore. And to think some people wanted him dropped. You cdo need some experience in your team - especially as Edwards can go round the park. As for KP, FGS everybody occaionally gets out when they should not.

PY

International Coach
Cook out now, WI could get stuck into our middle order here. Excellent start to the session from them, upto England to show we can score big when a few down for not many.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Can't see anyone saying anything otherwise, besides maybe a single post. Unless your talking about the commentators.
Just people in general, TBH. Space's comment in this post sums-up what everyone'll be saying at the end of today, you mark my words. Seen it near enough every time he gets out cheaply before. Get totally sick of it.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Did not expect so many wicket for so few runs. Heard Ganga in an interview on radio a couple days ago and he was gioving positive reports so I guess it wasn't just the usual media statements.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Cook out now, WI could get stuck into our middle order here. Excellent start to the session from them, upto England to show we can score big when a few down for not many.
What's the odds on Collingwood being dropped a few more times?

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
This passage of play will be very interesting. First time the likes of Collingwood and Bell have come in with pressure on them and not with the luxury of alot of runs in the bank thus not allowing them to play freely.