• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** West Indies in England***

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I think that's OK. I'll be doing it around 19.30 though. If you email me at home, I can reply tonight and confirm.
Will do. I'd guess the boss'll be fine with 19:30, one of us'd better post in the roster thread confirming what's happening, though.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
I presume because he was apparently the most economical in a Twenty20 Cup season or summat.
I'm sure you'll appreciate that Twenty20 and Championship cricket are two different kettle of fish. I really don't think he's been renouned for having accuracy in the 4 day game.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Looking forward to watching Darren Sammy bowl as I always find it absolutely fascinating to look at a bowler who I have never seen operate before. Especially to look at his run up, bowling action, speed , follow through and aggression.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'm sure you'll appreciate that Twenty20 and Championship cricket are two different kettle of fish. I really don't think he's been renouned for having accuracy in the 4 day game.
I do. Some people, however, blur all game-forms into one, and presume that what it takes to bowl economically in all 3 requires the same thing. That's very far from the truth.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Looking forward to watching Darren Sammy bowl as I always find it absolutely fascinating to look at a bowler who I have never seen before.
He's a trundler by all accounts.

Cook handling these yorkers very well, clipped two or three through midwicket with graceful ease.

Perm

Some excellent analysis from Gower and Hussain here, really interesting stuff.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Details please .......
About the differences between Cook and Strauss' bats coming down, with Strauss' constantly coming down crooked and Cook's pretty damn perpendicular.

What'd be most interesting, though, is to watch some footage from Strauss in 2004 and 2004\05, to see if that was any different. If it wasn't, then it's not the problem.

Perm

Details please .......
Just talking about Strauss having some technical trouble, Gower was giving some tips about how he used to move his stance when he found he was missing out on the straight ones.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Why did it take you by surprise?. It's perfectly acceptable to be looking forward to watching someone bowl when you haven't seen them before.

Perm

Why did it take you by surprise?. It's perfectly acceptable to be looking forward to watching someone bowl when you haven't seen them before.
It didn't take me by surprise at all. I repeat, I was just saying that from what I have heard he is quite mediocre.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha, of course it is. Don't take things so hard (go for it if you must, Perm).

Just remembered it and it made me laugh, TBH. Almost wish I hadn't said anything now. :mellow: