• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** West Indies in England***

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Hussain just used the term "batters" grr. Anyone reckon Cook will end his career averaging 50?
Safely double what Michael Papps will end up with. :) And in regard to this wicket Steve Harmison could really **** the West Indies up, memories of Pakistan last year.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Hussain just used the term "batters" grr. Anyone reckon Cook will end his career averaging 50?
Good chance I'd say. How fantastic does it look, that we could have Cook and Pietersen both in our team for years... perfect combination really.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Safely double what Michael Papps will end up with. :) And in regard to this wicket Steve Harmison could really **** the West Indies up, memories of Pakistan last year.
Given that I think Papps will end up averaging 30 or so, I doubt that Cook will manage to double that. I'm not sure why you referred to Papps in the first place though :unsure:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
And in regard to this wicket Steve Harmison could really **** the West Indies up, memories of Pakistan last year.
I don't see the comparison, TBH. As Jimmy recently stated (was obvious, but no-one else had yet said it, so fair enough), it's been perfectly true, unlike last year, and Harmison (if he bowls accurately, which is unusual) usually tends to need uneven bounce to be a threat.

Of course, West Indies could just be as **** as they were last game, and in that eventuality anyone who picks-up the ball could get wickets.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good chance I'd say. How fantastic does it look, that we could have Cook and Pietersen both in our team for years... perfect combination really.
The batting side of things looks pretty good for the next few years, if only some of the younger bowlers like Plunkett or Anderson can step up and provide a bit more depth in the bowling department.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I don't see the comparison, TBH. As Jimmy recently stated (was obvious, but no-one else had yet said it, so fair enough), it's been perfectly true, unlike last year, and Harmison (if he bowls accurately, which is unusual) usually tends to need uneven bounce to be a threat.

Of course, West Indies could just be as **** as they were last game, and in that eventuality anyone who picks-up the ball could get wickets.
The wicket has that already.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You think he'll stay down there? I thought he'd more likely end up at 3 once Vaughan's gone.
I hope so. I hope, whenever Vaughan has to go (which I hope isn't for another couple of years), that someone like Owais Shah will come back in, and who knows, not long after that there might be the Sam Northeasts and Ben Godlemans to come in.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
The batting side of things looks pretty good for the next few years, if only some of the younger bowlers like Plunkett or Anderson can step up and provide a bit more depth in the bowling department.
There's a good chance one of them will step up I think. And once Hoggard's back fit things look less desperate with the bowling anyway.