• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** West Indies in England***

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
try and coax mr Lara out of retirement :laugh:
The Tony Greig show said that Lara is constantly in the nets still training. However, it is likely for the Twenty20 Indian Cricket League which Mcgrath is already to be a part of.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
I agree.

80mph, accurate, top fielder, gritty batsman who can alter temperament, whats not to like there.
Wouldn't really class him as a gritty batsman before this tour TBH. Not Gayle-like but not the most patient. Good to see that he's added that to his batting really.

chalky

International Debutant
They don't really though, none of those fill me with too much confidence against two of the best batting sides in the world imo. Flintoff, Hoggard and Sreesanth are the only ones that I can see doing any real damage. Drawfest imo.
I don't know quite similer attacks during the 2006 series managed to get 2 results out of 3 on pretty flat pitches. Even the drawn test went inro the last day with a possible result. If England are struggling though they could recall Shaun Udal:ph34r:

I'd fancy an England attack with Flintoff, Hoggard & Monty to get 20 wickets (wheather providing) quite often against India at home.

Last edited:

Benny2k1

U19 12th Man
I found his retirement from all forms of cricket a bit suprising, even during the world cup when playing at one of the new grounds he said he was looking forward to playing a test there.

I wonder if he was asked to come back and "save" west Indies what he would say.

simmy

International Regular
I don't know quite similer attacks during the 2006 series managed to get 2 results out of 3 on pretty flat pitches. Even the drawn test went inro the last day with a possible result. If England are struggling though they could recall Shaun Udal:ph34r:

I'd fancy an England attack with Flintoff, Hoggard & Monty to get 20 wickets (whaether providing) quite often against India at home.
Yeah me too. I am going to confidently bet on an England series win, nearer the time.

pasag

RTDAS
I found his retirement from all forms of cricket a bit suprising, even during the world cup when playing at one of the new grounds he said he was looking forward to playing a test there.

I wonder if he was asked to come back and "save" west Indies what he would say.
He was pushed obviously, there was talk he wasn't even going to be selected for this tour had he not retired, so he jumped first. Retardedness on the part of the whoever was responsible for that.

pasag

RTDAS

I'd fancy an England attack with Flintoff, Hoggard & Monty to get 20 wickets (wheather providing) quite often against India at home.
Can't see Monty troubling India tbh and whilst Flintoff and Hoggard are quite good and I rate both of them, it's just not enough, even if they are both firing. That said, like Simmy, I think England will win the series.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Pretty poor shot, Monty knew what he was doing given he'd tried coming down the wicket to him the ball before. Good bowling, but it didn't take much of brain to figure out to just fire one in.