• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** West Indies in England***

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Jeez, wtf was that?
I really don't know, the ball consistantly slips out of his hand, he is constantly fighting his body to bowl straight (he says it himself) and I experience that too, it creates the fact that every ball you must remember to push the ball to get it outside off stump.

Fantastic shot and good running by Morton.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Certainly the worst test side I've ever seen (again, excluding Bangladesh and recent Zimbabwe).
From my knowledge 1962 Pakistan was quite dire and I am also quite certain a few Kiwi sides from the 60's and Lankan sides from the 80's must be quite poor (mainly due to teething problems) but man this one really takes the cake.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Can't see England doing that either tbh.
Getting 20 wickets should not be hard in England as long as you have a few good wicket taking bowlers, which both teams have (Harmison on form, Plunkett, Sidebottom, Hoggard & Khan, Sreesanth and Kumble)

simmy

International Regular
The latest NZ side to come here (I think 2003) was pretty dire (with all their injuries and what not), but nothing compared to this.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh, ffs, honestly if this carries on, they've got to drop Harmison, it's getting beyond a joke. A pitch that's doing everything, against a clueless team, and he still can't trouble them:@
Conditions that are doing everything for swing bowlers. Dunno if you noticed but Harmison isn't a swing bowler.

pasag

RTDAS
Getting 20 wickets should not be hard in England as long as you have a few good wicket taking bowlers, which both teams have (Harmison on form, Plunkett, Sidebottom, Hoggard & Khan, Sreesanth and Kumble)
They don't really though, none of those fill me with too much confidence against two of the best batting sides in the world imo. Flintoff, Hoggard and Sreesanth are the only ones that I can see doing any real damage. Drawfest imo.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
They don't really though, none of those fill me with too much confidence against two of the best batting sides in the world imo. Flintoff, Hoggard and Sreesanth are the only ones that I can see doing any real damage. Drawfest imo.
Well, I guess we will have to wait and see...

Back to this planet..."Did you know that Honerable Stanley Jackson was once the Govenor of Bengal" lol

Bravo is my fantasy cricket captain, c'mon, get a hundred.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Seconded. Hope the pitches offer a bit more for the bowlers than usual, but I can't see it happening.

Xuhaib

International Coach
He is a bounce and pace bowler if you are to classifi (the true spelling is starred out for some odd reason) him.
Pace and bounce bowlers are most effective on Aus and SA pitches and we all know his Test record at those 2 places, so basically he just a crap pace and bounce bowler.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Pace and bounce bowlers are most effective on Aus and SA pitches and we all know his Test record at those 2 places, so basically he just a crap pace and bounce bowler.
Well, I thought that would be the best way to clas**** him. He seems to have tightened up his action somewhat. Lets see some pace from Harmison now, where is the 93mph bowler that apparently demolished teams a few weeks ago for Durham and broke Yardy's (I think) finger.