• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** West Indies in England***

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Peculiar how Test match batsmen can have so much trouble playing non-turning deliveries - sure if they rip one past you first then it's understandable.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well done on paraphrasing Nasser Hussain.

Yes, I'm aware you're not listening to him as you refuse to buy Murdoch products.

simmy

International Regular
Lol. I am a lazy student. 3pm is morning for me relatively speaking.

Another two lovely shots. Great stuff from Vaughan.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Vaughan reeeeeeaaaaaallllllly looking good now. Let's hope this keeps going for a while.

And Pietersen hitting it even better. :blink:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
More stunning shots from Kp and Vaughny, looks like they're trying to outdo each other. Hope it doesn't end in tears.

Keep on wanting to Praise Michael, but am afraid I'll jinx him:unsure:

simmy

International Regular
Vaughan and KP have only played 7 times together?! Wow.

Anyway, anyone else think that Strauss should make way for Flintoff next test?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Vaughan and KP have only played 7 times together?! Wow.
Vaughan got injured just after Pietersen got into the side, remember? And it's easy to forget this is only his 25th Test.
Anyway, anyone else think that Strauss should make way for Flintoff next test?
There'll be no choice, really, unless he scores something notable in the second-innings. Sadly, that'll mean Vaughan will have to open. :( Just when things are looking-up!

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I thought you could get stumped off a no-ball and that it went down as a run out. I'd have sworn it in front of the judge, I really would. You live, and you learn.

Michael Vaughan, what a gun. Not bad for a walking wicket.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
(re Fred in for Strauss) There'll be no choice, really, unless he scores something notable in the second-innings. Sadly, that'll mean Vaughan will have to open. :( Just when things are looking-up!
Unless we stick with 4 bowlers and play Fred at 7. I know it's been discussed to death on these boards, but it's not so unlikely in the post-Fletcher era.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
They look good for 400 in the 90 overs today
If they get it it will be the summer of '76 in reverse (when Windies got 437 in a day on this ground). And I'm too scared to say it in case I jinx him but Vaughan is htreatening to emulate Mark Taylor in '97 and score a ton that will take the heat off him.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Unless we stick with 4 bowlers and play Fred at 7. I know it's been discussed to death on these boards, but it's not so unlikely in the post-Fletcher era.
I really hope we do, if so. But until Flintoff can be confidently relied upon to last a game and bowl a decent share of overs in a 4-man attack, it won't happen.

Me, I'd prefer to have 2 useless seamers (or maybe 3 in this game's case) than a Flintoff as part of a 4- or 5-man attack when he's bowling less than his normal share.

Steulen

International Regular
Vaughan got injured just after Pietersen got into the side, remember? And it's easy to forget this is only his 25th Test.

There'll be no choice, really, unless he scores something notable in the second-innings. Sadly, that'll mean Vaughan will have to open. :( Just when things are looking-up!
What second innings? They'll get 600 at this rate.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I thought you could get stumped off a no-ball and that it went down as a run out. I'd have sworn it in front of the judge, I really would. You live, and you learn.
There was a very interesting incident in a ODI at Chester-le-Street where Sherwin Campbell wandered out of his ground to a no-ball from Dirk Viljoen, Flower took the bails off, and the third-Umpire was asked to make a decision on whether he was advancing at the bowler or looking for a run. The decision on that was the decision on whether out or not-out.

And in that case, BTW, it was given n\o and Campbell got a century, the 2nd of his career or something.