• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** India in Bangladesh

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

Oh.....and Piyush Chawla will become the best spinner in the world in 15 years time if he plays on a consistent basis! He is such a great spinner.....I loved his bowling from the very first ball!

This Indian lineup promises a lot for the future :D!!!!!

Nishant

International 12th Man
Oh.....and Piyush Chawla will become the best spinner in the world in 15 years time if he plays on a consistent basis! He is such a great spinner.....I loved his bowling from the very first ball!

This Indian lineup promises a lot for the future :D!!!!!
yep...chawla certainly bowled really well....expecting more frm him now! But i guess i always did. The pressure's on....

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bangladesh showing good signs here, a little disappointed they haven't managed to knock India over yet. They are missing Nafees at the top.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

Bangladesh showing good signs here, a little disappointed they haven't managed to knock India over yet. They are missing Nafees at the top.
I can't wait till both Bashar and Omar quit the ODIs!

That would let Nafees and Rajin be in regularly!

I also hope Nafiz Iqbal.....older brother of Tamim Iqbal gets back in form as well :)!!!!!

Perm

Rajin Saleh and Shahriar Nafees are the two best batsman in Bangladesh IMO. I can understand Nafees being excluded due to his very poor form, but Saleh has been treated very harshly by the selectors.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

Rajin Saleh and Shahriar Nafees are the two best batsman in Bangladesh IMO. I can understand Nafees being excluded due to his very poor form, but Saleh has been treated very harshly by the selectors.
SPOT ON :thumbsup:!

When Dav Wahtmore walked in as the coach, Rajin Saleh was his favorite player.
When Rajin Captained BD in some matches resulting is disastrous defeats, everyone seems to have become Rajin haters from Rajin lovers :wacko:!

He is the one who can consolidate innigns if anything.....Sakib would LOVE to have someone like Rajin on the other end IMO :)!

Speaking of which, Rajin has been doing good in the domestic circuit as well :).....I would also like to see Nafees back into the team for the third ODI!
Going to have a India/Pakistan vs Bangladesh friendly cricket match with my friends tomorrow :p.....can't wait.....sorry for going off-topic, winning that match is the only hope I have of being happy since it does not seem likely the Bangers would win the 3rd ODI considering how foul a captain Bashar has evolved to be in the space of some mere months!.....Seeing this picture below on my MSN display a few of my friends wanted to strangle me for not looking angry :blink:.....LOLZ :p!!!!!

Attachments

Last edited:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Personally, I think that Indias performance had a lot of positives but it must be considered that it was only Bangladesh and India should have won, which they did.

A few cracks and problems seemed to show for India though,
-Where has Munaf Patel's pace gone?
-Dinesh Mongia!?!
-Sreesanth injured/dropped

Personally, to tackle the first problem, I think that Munaf Patel needs to really work on his stamina and run up, he can bowl 83mph by barely trying, with increased fitness he should be able to hit 87-90mph and with his accuracy could be a great fast bowler.

I don't think Dinesh Mongia should play for India. He is just not consistant enough, he has had chances and I think tha the 3rd ODI should be the final straw for him.

Hopefully Sreesanth is not seriously injured since he is a great wicket taker and required for India in both forms of the game.

Also, I think Dhoni at three is not a good move, having him at 6 where Dinesh Mongia is would be the best move. I want the ODI batting order to be:

1. Sehwag
2. Gambhir
3. Uthappa
4. Dravid
5. Yuvraj
6. Dhoni
7. Karthik

Quick runs at the start are necessary with Dravid (and remaining top 3 or Yuvraj) stabilising in the middle overs and it is proven that 5, 6 and 7 can all hit hard in the final overs. Deciding the ODI bowlers will be a tougher one, in the running is:
-RP Singh: bounce apparently
-Sreesanth: pace and swing
-Munaf Patel: deadly accuracy, seam and potential pace
-Z Khan: pace, bounce and left hander
-Chawla: flight, spin and variation
-Powar: flight

I think that Powar, Sreesanth, Zaheer Khan and Munaf are needed on a flat wicket while the two spinners are needed on a spinning wicket. On a fast bouncy wicket, the four pacers will be needed with Chawla in, instead of Sehwag. Chawla's flight translates on most wickets and bounce suits leg spinners better that off spinners. Also, we know that Sehwag hates fast bounce.

What do you think?

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
It is reasonable to say that but surely increasing his run up speed won't compremise his accuracy.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Saleh was dropped for he failed to score a reasonable amount of runs against Zimbabwe and Kenya, fair enough. Javed Omar may indeed be not particularly good but it would be rather too ‘entertaining’ if Shahriar Nafees and Tamim Iqbal opened.

Perm

Saleh was dropped for he failed to score a reasonable amount of runs against Zimbabwe and Kenya, fair enough. Javed Omar may indeed be not particularly good but it would be rather too ‘entertaining’ if Shahriar Nafees and Tamim Iqbal opened.
Why? Nafees doesn't score that quickly and I rate him as the best batsman that Bangladesh have, especially in ODI cricket. He isn't a hugely flashy player but he does know how to play strokes, and indeed when to play them which is more important.

Saleh has been hard done by, I think it's fairly obvious. One minute he is being made captain and the next he isn't even in the side, again he is one of the best batsman in Bangladesh and he should be playing infront of rubbish like Bashar, Omar and even Tamim, Ashraful and Aftab to a certain extent.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Quick runs at the start are necessary with Dravid (and remaining top 3 or Yuvraj) stabilising in the middle overs and it is proven that 5, 6 and 7 can all hit hard in the final overs. Deciding the ODI bowlers will be a tougher one, in the running is:
-RP Singh: bounce apparently
-Sreesanth: pace and swing
-Munaf Patel: deadly accuracy, seam and potential pace
-Z Khan: pace, bounce and left hander
-Chawla: flight, spin and variation
-Powar: flight

I think that Powar, Sreesanth, Zaheer Khan and Munaf are needed on a flat wicket while the two spinners are needed on a spinning wicket. On a fast bouncy wicket, the four pacers will be needed with Chawla in, instead of Sehwag. Chawla's flight translates on most wickets and bounce suits leg spinners better that off spinners. Also, we know that Sehwag hates fast bounce.

What do you think?
Zaheer Khan ‘bounce’?

Khan bowls very full and anyone who has seen Zaheer will know when he does indeed try to drop it short it usually is smashed for a four or out of the ground for six.

Have not seen much of RP Singh but isn't he more of the same? A left armer who can swing the ball both ways and not extract much bounce for again he enjoys pitching the ball right up there.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Zaheer Khan ‘bounce’?

Khan bowls very full and anyone who has seen Zaheer will know when he does indeed try to drop it short it usually is smashed for a four or out of the ground for six.

Have not seen much of RP Singh but isn't he more of the same? A left armer who can swing the ball both ways and not extract much bounce for again he enjoys pitching the ball right up there.
Ok, the Z Khan bounce thing was a bit conspicuous but from Cricinfo reports, RP Singh injured Dravid and Dinesh Mongia in the nets with bouncers and has been getting some steep bounce.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Why? Nafees doesn't score that quickly and I rate him as the best batsman that Bangladesh have, especially in ODI cricket. He isn't a hugely flashy player but he does know how to play strokes, and indeed when to play them which is more important.

Saleh has been hard done by, I think it's fairly obvious. One minute he is being made captain and the next he isn't even in the side, again he is one of the best batsman in Bangladesh and he should be playing infront of rubbish like Bashar, Omar and even Tamim, Ashraful and Aftab to a certain extent.
Neither does Tamim Iqbal, doesn't stopping them trying. Nafees and Iqbal would ideally love to be going at a strike rate of around 80 (evident in all the ‘air shots’ they play) but they usually spend the best part of their innings wofting aimlessly outside off stump. Nafees must have some resonates of ability but there is a lot of Upul Tharanga about him.

Perm

Tamim is 18 ffs!!!!.
And I am 16. So what? At the present point in time he is rubbish, he averages 18 from 22 ODI games. He is meant to be the explosive and destructive batsman at the top of the order, his scoring rate is 65. He doesn't deserve to be in the team.