• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** India in Bangladesh

pup11

International Coach
Its gonna be interesting to see how Indian players and management react after the sting-operation that a TV channel conducted.

The factions within the Indian team have been exposed now and BCCI and Indian team managnnent would have some explaining to do now.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

No Mortaza, no Bangladesh. Indian batsmen to have a field day.
Not necessarily! Mashrafe has the Venom, but Shahadat still has the pace to undo the bastmen.

With Mashrafe, Rasel, Rafique, Razzak and Sakib, Bangladesh was set, but now with Mortaza out of the first game, it's just one bowler they have to settle for and Shahadat isn't that bad at home!

Speaking of which, Bangladesh has not yet declared their final 12 for the first ODI since Mashrafe's injury and the reason is because he has time and again complained about the back pain and come back on the day he was not set to play to do damage with both the ball and the bat :p.....so Bangladesh can only hope that he is fine enough to be back, otherwise it may be a just a little queasy for Bangladesh to keep India's run rate down :)!

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Positive: Shahadat averages 139-140 kph :)!
Negetive: Not a genuine wicket taker :(!
I disagree with that second statement, Shadhadat is a wicket taker. He isn't the most consistent or accurate bowler, but he can bowl some very good balls. I want to see more of him, he has genuine potential.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

I disagree with that second statement, Shadhadat is a wicket taker. He isn't the most consistent or accurate bowler, but he can bowl some very good balls. I want to see more of him, he has genuine potential.
Meh.....consistency is needed to force the opposition on the backfoot fromt eh very first match :ph34r:!.....I like him but he gives away quite a bit of runs - pretty much an opposite of Rasel in every manner :mellow:!!!!!

Last edited:

adharcric

International Coach
On the bowling front, it's great to see Powar and Sreesanth get a real opportunity here. Uthappa and Gambhir should open the innings for India but the middle-order is still up in the air IMO. Dravid, Yuvraj, Sehwag and Mongia are the men to shuffle but who should bat where? Dravid is a 3 who bats at 5 these days, Mongia is a genuine 3 as well and Sehwag has rarely been tried at 5/6 in recent times. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Nishant

International 12th Man
i would pretty much agree with that team....but also want Piyush Chawla to get a game early on.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Meh.....consistency is needed to force the opposition on the backfoot fromt eh very first match :ph34r:!.....I like him but he gives away quite a bit of runs - pretty much an opposite of Rasel in every manner :mellow:!!!!!
Out and out pace can do the same thing, although is generally less effective. Shadhadat can improve his consistency but I doubt whether Rasel will be able to up his pace significantly.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

Out and out pace can do the same thing, although is generally less effective. Shadhadat can improve his consistency but I doubt whether Rasel will be able to up his pace significantly.
Rasel may touch the 135 max (has at time), but thats about it :P.....he is opposite of most fast or rather fast-medium bowlers, it's the slowness that works the best for him :)!

I would however like to Shahadat play more regularly and improve so that Bangladesh has a 3 prong pace and 3 prong spin attack! It would give them much more balance.....IF only one of the bowlers step up and maybe become a late order batsmen or a hard-hitter :) (eg. Mashrafe Bin Mortaza)!

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

Something tells me today would have suited Shahriar Nafees well!

This run-rate worries me a lot from Bangladesh's point of view because no matte how good it is at the moment, a few slips by the Bangers and the ball would be in India's court :mellow:!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Javed Omar, what a gun. :thumbsup:
Haha. Seriously, if they want stability there, surely Rajin Saleh would be a better option. The selection of Javed in the one day sends the message "Well we may lose, but we won't be embarressed" - an attitude Bangladesh should be rid of by now. They shouild be looking to win each ODI - Javed is not the man for that.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

Haha. Seriously, if they want stability there, surely Rajin Saleh would be a better option. The selection of Javed in the one day sends the message "Well we may lose, but we won't be embarressed" - an attitude Bangladesh should be rid of by now. They shouild be looking to win each ODI - Javed is not the man for that.
Spot On :thumbsup:!!!!!