• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** India in Bangladesh

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I'm sorry, what? He HAS been dropped for this tour hasn't he?
I just happen to think he has been in the "not too good not too bad" category for the past year. So numbers wise, I don't a see a reason to drop him. However, if he is only ever going to play ODIs and if the selectors in their collective wisdom feel they can find someone who can do as good a job but is younger, there is no reason why he shouldn't be tried.
I am agreeing (see earlier posts) that dropping him is right.

Here I was being sarcastic about his being a near permanent fixture in the Indian side with such an inconsistent performance.

Its a personal opinion, of course, as is anyone else's. :)

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Ajit Agarkar is such a bowler who can get wickets on his day and he can even fare worse on a day the pitch doesnt suit him...Unreliable bowler!

I think on a overall, Indian selectors picked up good young squad who can re-instill the commitment thats missing in the previous squad.

Anyway, Good luck Banglas,,, u have got chance to beat this new Indian team...

viktor

State Vice-Captain
I am agreeing (see earlier posts) that dropping him is right.

Here I was being sarcastic about his being a near permanent fixture in the Indian side with such an inconsistent performance.

Its a personal opinion, of course, as is anyone else's. :)
I realized you were being sarcastic; just was pointing out that the timing is a little off given that he actually has been dropped. :)

Desik1ng1

Cricket Spectator
where can i see the matches??

I am in New York. I have dish network. Can anyone tell me which channel is covering the india vs bangladesh matches???

Desik1ng1

Cricket Spectator
I don't think they cover "Neo" in the states. I looked for that channel.. and could not locate. I got all the channels for dish network... but no "Neo"

Raghav

IIts the only channel that telecats live in India.. I think you wont be able to watch there, bcoz Nimbus owns that particular channel. You might not recieve overseas. Internet is the best way to follow the game...thats all I cud say..

Raghav

Format - ODIs

Matches Played by BAN in 2007: 15
Won: 08
Lost: 07
Tie: 00
No result: 00

Beware India...Thats the record for Bangladesh in this year. Hope that Bangladesh maintain their win percentage above 50% even after they finish the IND tour..

Last edited:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Anil, would you care to list 5 better current Indian bowlers, limited overs only? I say 5 because if we did have 5, he wouldn't be in the side.
I don't think, in spite of my protestations to the contrary, that AA is a great bowler but give the guy some credit for performing better than other bowlers at least in the last year or so.
then, as i said, it goes to show the pathetic state of our bowling resources, aa is no longer the exceptional wicket taker he was during the first phase of his career, far from it...it's time for the indian team management and the bcci to recognize that he is the past and phase him out(hopefully they are doing that now)...we need to look forward and experiment with young hopefuls and build around someone like munaf patel and even bowlers like sreesanth and rp singh who needs to improve a lot in one dayers but are a part of the future whereas aa is not....

Raghav

As the discussion is going on How weak bowling resources are in India, I calculated this..

India vs Bangladesh( All ODI's)- 15 ODI's

Extra's conceded by India : 21.6 on avg/match
Extra's conceded by Bangladesh: 12.5 on avg/match

Just the stats show how pathetic Indian bowlers bowl against even the minnows of cricket.

adharcric

International Coach
Format - ODIs

Matches Played by BAN in 2007: 15
Won: 08
Lost: 07
Tie: 00
No result: 00

Beware India...Thats the record for Bangladesh in this year. Hope that Bangladesh maintain their win percentage above 50% even after they finish the IND tour..
Do you take us for idiots? Bangladesh have 2 wins and 5 losses after you exclude minnows. 8-)

Raghav

Do you take us for idiots? Bangladesh have 2 wins and 5 losses after you exclude minnows. 8-)
Remember that one of the win is against you...That means you are gonna be idiots..nicely remembered the term for me...:laugh: ...idiots..good term to describe indian player's performance

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Remember that one of the win is against you...That means you are gonna be idiots..nicely remembered the term for me...:laugh: ...idiots..good term to describe indian player's performance
You're actually making me want India to win. That takes some doing.