• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** India in Bangladesh

Nishant

International 12th Man
I would switch Tiwary and Mongia, tbh. Youngsters need to bat at a position from where they can take their time, get settled and then bat normally. Middle order is the tougher position and you need your experienced hands there, for ODIs, I mean. Yuvi to bat at 4 because he is our best batsman and he needs as much time as he can get, but given how suspect he is outside the offstump to the new ball, he can't bat any higher than that, really.
yh true....it would also allow tiwary to show what he's really capable of IMO. Anyway, just looked at the selection....my biggest suprise is sehwag's inclusion in the ODI side! Why cant they drop him for god sake! What has he done that Ganguly hasnt for example? Ganguly might have been slow in the bangladesh game....but he was the only one to stay at the damn crease! I dont see any logic in sehwag's inclusion at all!

adharcric

International Coach
yh true....it would also allow tiwary to show what he's really capable of IMO. Anyway, just looked at the selection....my biggest suprise is sehwag's inclusion in the ODI side! Why cant they drop him for god sake! What has he done that Ganguly hasnt for example? Ganguly might have been slow in the bangladesh game....but he was the only one to stay at the damn crease! I dont see any logic in sehwag's inclusion at all!
Perhaps the selectors want an indication of Sehwag's form on which to base the selection of the test squad for England. Leaving him out of the test squad will give him a shake-up but dropping him completely right now would not allow him to prove himself - the domestic season is already over. In that sense, it may not be an absolutely terrible decision.

Last edited:

Nishant

International 12th Man
Perhaps the selectors want an indication of Sehwag's form on which to base the selection of the test squad for England. Leaving him out of the test squad will give him a shake-up but dropping him completely right now would not allow him to prove himself - the domestic season is already over. In that sense, it may not be an absolutely terrible decision.
yh....good point....in that case, i hope he does well...but will you be impressed if he scores a hundred in the last ODI but scored 2 scores of 10 in the first 2 ODIs...becaue thats typical sehwag...inconsistent and he always scores a big one just b4 he would be dropped!

adharcric

International Coach
yh....good point....in that case, i hope he does well...but will you be impressed if he scores a hundred in the last ODI but scored 2 scores of 10 in the first 2 ODIs...becaue thats typical sehwag...inconsistent and he always scores a big one just b4 he would be dropped!
He shouldn't get a single match and shouldn't get a ticket to England either. Let him earn it in domestic cricket even if he has to wait. He can always try county cricket ...

Nishant

International 12th Man
He shouldn't get a single match and shouldn't get a ticket to England either. Let him earn it in domestic cricket even if he has to wait. He can always try county cricket ...
yep...agree with that point completely.

p.s. ( i didnt use an ! this time.) :)

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Now, again there has come the chance to scold IND cricketers as they will again perform badly. Bet you

Raghav

Considering you're more out of form than me in making predictions atm, thank you for saying this.
But do you know one secret!

Indians players lets everyone to come to prime form ...we saw many..

They even give life to many players to establish themseleves as legends.

Eg: Hayden,

Even a formless player comes to form when playing against IND.. seen many:laugh:

Last edited:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is there any sort of domestic cricket going in India at the moment or will all these players going into the series against bangladesh pretty cold?

Raghav

So nothing serious that will get them ready for the Test matches that are due to be played in a month?
You know? Thats y Indian was failing, is failing and will fail. No proper administration/planning

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
My Indian test X1 would be...

Wasim Jaffer
Dinesh Karthik
Rahul Dravid
Sachin Tendulkar
Sourav Ganguly
VVS Laxman
MS Dhoni
Anil Kumble
Sreesanth
Zaheer Khan
Munaf Patel

My Indian OD line up would be...

Gautham Gambhir
Robin Uthappa
Manoj Tiwary
Yuvraj Singh
Rahul Dravid
MS Dhoni
Dinesh Karthik
Piyush Chawla
Sreesanth
Zaheer Khan
Munaf Patel

adharcric

International Coach
You know? Thats y Indian was failing, is failing and will fail. No proper administration/planning
What exactly are you contributing to the discussion? Every post of yours boils down to "Indian cricket sucks".

Last edited:

adharcric

International Coach
Pup Clarke said:
My Indian OD line up would be...

Gautham Gambhir
Robin Uthappa
Manoj Tiwary
Yuvraj Singh
Rahul Dravid
MS Dhoni
Dinesh Karthik
Piyush Chawla
Sreesanth
Zaheer Khan
Munaf Patel
Mongia for Karthik - need a fifth bowling option.

Raghav

What exactly are you contributing to the discussion? Every post of yours boils down to "Indian cricket sucks".
I am contributing... and will cintribute to bring out the point that IND cricket is the ugliest one with politicised members in it.

and I am bringing only the facts and I am not putting something thats not true..

Raghav

calm down!....look, i dare u to say ONE good thing abt india now! Go on....:)
hahaha....you dare bcoz Bangladesh tour is coming....it would be one of the easiest tour considering the previous tours that IND toured previously...

Your dareness showsoff only against playing such teams...