• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group D - Pakistan, West Indies, Zimbabwe, Ireland

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Zimbabwe need 163 from 58 balls. Any more rain delays and Pakistan are likely to end up winless though.

Last edited:

Fusion

Global Moderator
Game about to be wrapped up. Afridi picked up his 3rd wicket, the 201st of his career. The fifth Pakistani bowler to get over 200 wickets in ODI's.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Zimbabwe need 163 from 58 balls. Any more rain delays and Pakistan are likely to end up winless though.
Well, they play on tomorrow if they shouldn't get through 20 overs here. It's just when both teams get at least 20 overs that they complete play in one day.

*has done enough correction of Collins for one night*

Fusion

Global Moderator
Well, barring a rain delay, Pakistan should win. That would mean Ireland are almost certainly through to the next round. Good for them! I've become a fan of their team. I hope they're able to pull off another upset (or two) in the next round! :)

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Well, they play on tomorrow if they shouldn't get through 20 overs here. It's just when both teams get at least 20 overs that they complete play in one day.

*has done enough correction of Collins for one night*
Boo, go home. I don't care if you're already at home.

Fusion

Global Moderator
LOL. Yousaf gets the final wicket with only his 2nd ball of his ODI career. Inzi takes the catch and HUGE smiles on Yousaf and Inzi's faces. Good to see that after all that has gone on. That's it, Pakistan are done...out of the WC. Inzi is waving to the crowd one last time. His teammates are giving him a round of applause. Man, it's really sad to see him go! :( Well atleast Pakistan win the last game that he played in ODI's. Somewhere, Woolmer must have a smile on his face.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Mohammad Yousuf taking a wicket is the greatest thing to happen since Leverock's catch!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
LOL. Yousaf gets the final wicket with only his 2nd ball of his ODI career. Inzi takes the catch and HUGE smiles on Yousaf and Inzi's faces. Good to see that after all that has gone on. That's it, Pakistan are done...out of the WC. Inzi is waving to the crowd one last time. His teammates are giving him a round of applause. Man, it's really sad to see him go! :( Well atleast Pakistan win the last game that he played in ODI's. Somewhere, Woolmer must have a smile on his face.
:(

Going to miss Inzy.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Fusion, why don't you post the Inzamam footage on You Tube? I missed the Yousuf over, would love to watch it.
Actually I got that clip from another website. I really don't know how to capture the clips from TV and upload to YouTube. So I'm afraid I can't help you there. :(

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Expecting to go to the match tomorrow. Should be in the West Stand near the boundary with some friends. Even if we sit apart I'll still enjoy myself. The long lines and exorbitant food prices will suck though potentially.

irfan

State Captain
Expecting to go to the match tomorrow. Should be in the West Stand near the boundary with some friends. Even if we sit apart I'll still enjoy myself. The long lines and exorbitant food prices will suck though potentially.
Long Lines ?? I thought because of VISA problems overseas tourists were struggling to get to the games. I thought thats why a lot of the marquee matches earlier in the tournament had only a smattering of people. Have the crowds increased suddenly now, roseboy ??

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Ireland doing really well so far. Cruising, actually. Bray and Morgan batting well.

Could get interesting if Ireland make 200+

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pleasantly surprised by Powell in this tournament to date. He looks the pick of the West Indies bowlers, and has bowled well too.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Pleasantly surprised by Powell in this tournament to date. He looks the pick of the West Indies bowlers, and has bowled well too.
Yeah me to.He's actually bowled pretty accurately in the tournament to date and has pretty good pace.In Taylor,Powell,Collymore and Bradshaw the WI now have 4 pretty decent seamers to choose from.