• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group D - Pakistan, West Indies, Zimbabwe, Ireland

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Hypothetically, if Zimbabwe were to win through forfeit, who would go through to the Super 8's - Ireland or Zimbos?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'm in Ireland in 2 weeks Eddie, flying into Dublin then going to Kilkenny then back to Dublin. 3 days to survey Ireland.

Where would you recommend that isn't a watering hole? The ladies with us probably wouldn't appreciate being in a smoky pub for a whole day. :laugh:
Pretty sure you can't smoke in any pubs in Ireland tbh

Fusion

Global Moderator
It was incredibly sad when they had a minute silence at the start of the Pak/Zim game. The expression on Inzi's face was heartbreaking.

Pakistan put in to bat by Zim. I hope we go out with some dignity and win this game. I would love for Inzi to go out on a high and bat well in this game.

haroon510

International 12th Man
i don't know what was the point of all expermenting over one down positin. clearly shoaib malik deserve to bat on that postion (at least in one day matches) than any other player in the team. he has always played well in one down postion. puting younis there has done nothing but hurt pakistan in early stages of the games.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Inzi comes down to bat for the final time in ODI's at the 2 down position. The final show for one my all time favorite players. Go Inzi!

pasag

RTDAS
Inzi out, leaves the field for the last time in ODI's. Awesome to see all the players from Zimbabwe shaking his hand.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Inzi gone. Gets a great reception from everyone. The Zim players all come up to him and shake his hand. The Pak players greet him on the boundary. He's got tears in his eyes. I'm fighting to hold back my own tbh. So long Inzi. Thanks for the great memories!

jack_sparrow

U19 Debutant
everytime someone goes over 140, i pray they don't break mr anwars record. I don't think any worthy opponents have come close. and those who have, haven't been worthy.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I bet Nazir turns out to be an Afridi, all they can do is hit a quick hundred after being dropped 4 times every now and again, then goes 20 matches without getting a 50.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I bet Nazir turns out to be an Afridi, all they can do is hit a quick hundred after being dropped 4 times every now and again, then goes 20 matches without getting a 50.
To be fair to him, he hasn't had anywhere near as many chances as Afridi. Nazir certainly deserved more. 150 up btw.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Inzi gone. Gets a great reception from everyone. The Zim players all come up to him and shake his hand. The Pak players greet him on the boundary. He's got tears in his eyes. I'm fighting to hold back my own tbh. So long Inzi. Thanks for the great memories!
OMG, I can't believe I missed it. PLEASE someone post it on YouTube. I can't miss my favorite players' departure. I have to write a match report for the SL-BAN game, so I missed it.